Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Is there an Asobo suggestion box?

As opposed to a bug complaint box?

My biggest want is like when you Right Alt on the pair of G1000 displays to make an enlarged copy, and then drag it to another monitor, the row of buttons underneath are not there too.

So you have a nice large display that you cannot do anything with except look at it.

That row of triangle marked control buttons attached underneath is surely another 'gauge', but it can't be copied, enlarged, and dragged away like you can the display screen.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Ok, great thanks! Asobo proved they can make FS2020 use two monitors for those gauges (and similar Garmin gauges will also drag to a monitor too in the sim). So I hope they decide to allow more of that, perhaps even without Simconnect (spelling).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

Ok, great thanks! Asobo proved they can make FS2020 use two monitors for those gauges (and similar Garmin gauges will also drag to a monitor too in the sim). So I hope they decide to allow more of that, perhaps even without Simconnect (spelling).

You are aware that Asobo doesn't officially support multiple monitors yet, but it is on their todo list?  Current multi monitor is more by luck than judgement 🙂   I suspect that what you are hoping for will come when they officially launch multiple monitor support 🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Upvote 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

I am currently running msfs 2020 on three 32" monitors - windowed or full screen, no difference. And I still have my oculus VR connected. I also believe someone has an iPad app out to display some of the cockpit items on.

I must be one of the luckier ones - even if my graphics card is "only" a 1070 dual card.

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Asobo put in that Right Alt key command to allow dragging away the G1000 type displays over to another monitor. That was their deliberate addition to their sim. You can see them on another monitor. But you can't manipulate them.

Back in the FS2004 days you could alter the panel.cfg file and add a 2D popup window, put any gauges you wanted into it, and then drag it off to another monitor. I made some sort of radio/AP stack for every GA plane. Easier to fiddle controls when so you can see them clearly. I did for most planes in FSX too, but it was harder. And with some panels too complicated for me to figure out.