Sign in to follow this  
ark

G1000 Time to Waypoint?

11 minutes ago, LarryD said:

Thanks for the kind words....but..........

Just to clarify, I am not part of the Working Title team.  THEY are outstanding.  I'm just a guy who lives in a van down by the river, and found a way to solve one itty bitty problem that a few of us were hoping to fix.

It takes a "Community"... and I am happy that you stepped forward 🙂

Bert

@LarryD

Does this change replace the ETA to the destination? If not, where do I see the ETA? I only see the ETE to the next waypoint now.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

13 minutes ago, Alvega said:

@LarryD

Does this change replace the ETA to the destination? If not, where do I see the ETA? I only see the ETE to the next waypoint now.

That is correct. 

The default G1000 would show the time to the waypoint. When the Working Title mod came out, the ETE changed, and showed time to the destination. 

When this thread was started, the OP wanted to get time to the next fix. So I looked back to the original default code and found what changed, and that is what this change does. 

If you want time to destination, then simply don’t make the change. 

24 minutes ago, LarryD said:

That is correct. 

The default G1000 would show the time to the waypoint. When the Working Title mod came out, the ETE changed, and showed time to the destination. 

When this thread was started, the OP wanted to get time to the next fix. So I looked back to the original default code and found what changed, and that is what this change does. 

If you want time to destination, then simply don’t make the change. 

So the real G1000 doesn't have both time to waypoint and time to destination?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

So the real G1000 doesn't have both time to waypoint and time to destination?

From the Pilot's Guide:

MFD Data Bar Fields
The MFD Data Bar Fields Box on the System Setup Page displays the current configuration of the MFD
Navigation Status Box. By default, the Navigation Status Bar is set to display ground speed (GS), distance
to next waypoint (DIS), estimated time enroute (ETE), and enroute safe altitude (ESA).
Change the information shown in an MFD Navigation Status Bar field:
1) While on the System Setup Page, press the FMS Knob momentarily to activate the flashing cursor.
2) Turn the large FMS Knob to highlight the desired field number in the MFD Data Bar Fields Box.
3) Turn the small FMS Knob to display and scroll through the data options list and press the ENT Key when the
desired data selection is highlighted.
The following data may be selected for display in each of the four fields of the Navigation Status Box.
• Bearing (BRG)
• Crosstrack Error (XTK)
• Distance (DIS)
• Desired Track (DTK)
• Endurance (END)
• En Route Safe Altitude (ESA)
• Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA)
• Estimated Time En Route (ETE)
• Fuel Over Destination (FOD)
• Fuel On Board (FOB)
• Ground Speed (GS)
• Minimum Safe Altitude (MSA)
• True Air Speed (TAS)
• Track Angle Error (TKE)
• Track (TRK)
• Vertical Speed Required (VSR)

Bert

@Bert Pieke Thanks Bert, I see the real G1000 have both, but I guess we can't change those data fields in the MSFS G1000, right? So, we can't have both ETE and ETA.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

56 minutes ago, Alvega said:

@Bert Pieke Thanks Bert, I see the real G1000 have both, but I guess we can't change those data fields in the MSFS G1000, right? So, we can't have both ETE and ETA.

Not right now... but Asobo has committed to put more work into the Garmins.. so time will tell 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

Come si inseriscono i fixpoint esportati con Little Nav Map nel Garmin? Little Nav Map mi fa esportare un file chiamato filename.wpt. Dove dovrebbe essere introdotto questo file?

If I correctly read the code in MFD.js in WTG1000/MFD/MFD.js (0.8.0) as installed by Steam- the ETE is to the next WP (waypoint) ONLY when that WP is the destination.  Otherwise ETE is time to destination.  

In the prior versions of Nxi the previously suggested change to the ETE var was effective but I find the following code in MFD.js and it appears to be entirely different in 0.8.0

/**
     * Handles when the LNAV Distance to Destination Changes.
     * @param dis The new distance to destination.
     */
    onLnavDistanceToDestinationChanged(dis) {
        const eteSeconds = 3600 * dis / this.groundSpeed;
        SimVar.SetSimVarValue('GPS ETE', SimVarValueType.Seconds, eteSeconds);
        SimVar.SetSimVarValue('GPS ETA', SimVarValueType.Seconds, eteSeconds + this.zuluTime);
    }
    /**
     * Handles when the LNAV DTK changes.
     * @param dtk The new DTK.
     */
    onDtkChanged(dtk) {
        SimVar.SetSimVarValue('GPS WP DESIRED TRACK', SimVarValueType.Radians, UnitType.DEGREE.convertTo(dtk, UnitType.RADIAN));
    }
    /**
     * Handles when the LNAV XTK changes.
     * @param xtk The new XTK.
     */
    onXtkChanged(xtk) {
        SimVar.SetSimVarValue('GPS WP CROSS TRK', SimVarValueType.Meters, UnitType.NMILE.convertTo(xtk, UnitType.METER) * -1);
    }
    /**
     * Handles when the LNAV DIS to WP changes.
     * @param dis The distance.
     */
    onLnavDistanceChanged(dis) {
        if (this.isDestinationLegActive.get() && dis < 1000) {
            this.hasReachedDestination.set(true);
        }
        SimVar.SetSimVarValue('GPS WP DISTANCE', SimVarValueType.Meters, dis);
        const distanceNM = UnitType.METER.convertTo(dis, UnitType.NMILE);
        const eteSeconds = 3600 * distanceNM / this.groundSpeed;
        SimVar.SetSimVarValue('GPS WP ETE', SimVarValueType.Seconds, eteSeconds);
        SimVar.SetSimVarValue('GPS WP ETA', SimVarValueType.Seconds, eteSeconds + this.zuluTime);
    }
    /**

Edited by TacomaSailor

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

I am obviously wrong about ETE being to destination - I just flew a route with seven waypoints and the G1000 Nxi in the DA62x reset the ETE to 00:00 at each waypoint.  

However - it displays in the hh.mm format which is not so useful on legs lasting just five minutes or so.  

I wonder if I am looking at the wrong script/code because the stuff I quoted clearly shows the SimVarValue to include seconds

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

54 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

However - it displays in the hh.mm format which is not so useful on legs lasting just five minutes or so.  

I wonder if I am looking at the wrong script/code because the stuff I quoted clearly shows the SimVarValue to include seconds

Displaying hours and minutes makes sense until the ETE gets below one hour, and then minutes and seconds would seem appropriate.

Al

Edited by ark

Matt on the WT Discord site said he expects the ETE display to be fixed in the next G1000NXi update. If I understand correctly, the ETE display will be H+MM until the time drops below one hour, and then MM:SS.  I learned that H+ is used for hours so not to cause confusion with whether hours and minutes, or minutes and seconds, is being displayed. Clever, and smart!

Al

Edited by ark