Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Which of my 2 community folders to use for mods?

Hm, confused. I have the

• data in stalled on F:\MSFS with F:\MSFS\Community; and
  • the core launcher in F:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_xxxxxx\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Now, where shall a mod go? Does it make any difference?

Reading through this https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?21235-Finding-The-MSFS-2020-Community-Folder I seemingly have a custom install so the mod data should go into F:\MSFS\Community, right?

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

That's where I have mine as well. However, only as links to another folder so that I can enable and disable them with the MSFS AddonsLinker tool.

Hans

I put all mine:

F:\MSFS\Community

It's where ORBX, FSDT's link, LatinVFR install their add-ons.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

thanks, just dropped robert's bonanza mod there, started MSFS and realized my toolbar is gone. strange. will try the other folder now

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Well, it must be the F:\MSFS\Community folder. Just dropped it in the WPSystems' community folder and the mod (with new liveries) did not apply, the default Bonanza was heavily underpowered and no liveries were available. So that is solved. Leaves me with the missing ready to fly and toolbar when placing it in the F:\MSFS\Community folder. Will check again whether it was just a hickup of MSFS. Or is anybody aware of a bug with Robert's G36 mod?

Phil Leaven

I think it's only one community folder. The other has shortcuts pointing to main one 

Alright, something‘s weird. Moved the mod back into my MSFS/community folder and now the liveries hence mod with toolbar and ready to fly were shown... funny animal:-). I will leave it with me for now, guess there is nothing where anybody here can help me for now. Thanks anyway for listening

Phil Leaven

Just now, DAD said:

Alright, something‘s weird. Moved the mod back into my MSFS/community folder and now the liveries hence mod with toolbar and ready to fly were shown... funny animal:-). I will leave it with me for now, guess there is nothing where anybody here can help me for now. Thanks anyway for listening

If you have any liveries for the G36 you need to remove them.

Just now, DJJose said:

If you have any liveries for the G36 you need to remove them.

Only those which came with Robert‘s Bonanza mod. Why should I remove them?

Phil Leaven

1 minute ago, DAD said:

Only those which came with Robert‘s Bonanza mod. Why should I remove them?

Make sure that only the mod is installed. I'm talking about add-on livery mods.

Rob's already has 9 liveries.

Thanks, that is ensured since it is the first mod I ever installed. Just launched it again, mod plus ready to fly and toolbar showing but then a CTD, never had that before. I am afraid I am done with mods for time being. Will de-install and check whether CTD still occurs at the very same airport without the mod

Phil Leaven

@DAD If you are NOT using MSFS AddonsLinker tool, your addons should be in here:

F:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_xxxxxx\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Using Addons linker you can put your addons anywhere on drive-F. In setting you have to point out your original community folder and you manually created folder. In my case Scenery Addon. The programm creates hyperlinks to the original community folder. With the latest addon you can create directories like America, England,Netherlands. All specific country related addons you can put them in there. With one click you enable/disable all addons in say America. Great tool!! Decide where you wanna fly untick all other addons. This will speed up starting time.

Greetz!!

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

12 minutes ago, DAD said:

Thanks, that is ensured since it is the first mod I ever installed. Just launched it again, mod plus ready to fly and toolbar showing but then a CTD, never had that before. I am afraid I am done with mods for time being. Will de-install and check whether CTD still occurs at the very same airport without the mod

If I were you, I would simply move the contents of community folder to another new folder, such as F: Temp folder. Then add the turbo mod. There's nothing wrong with the G36 Turbo mod. Trust me. It's probably something else in the community folder.

Thanks again. There IS nothing else in the community folder. Just the G36 mod. Tried the default Cessna 172 and worked fine. Same approach (WAAA), live weather, daytime around noon. Did a perfect landing, no CTD. Remains strange. 

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven