Since the release of MSFS2020, it has exploded my interest in GA flying, far more than in other sims. Because of this I am loking at investing in some GA addons and one such addon is the Realsim GNS530. I understand it is in beta for MSFS, but I'm wondering what the overall opinions are for this company and the products they produce. Any information would be appreciated fellas, thanks.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Nothing but 5 stars from over here. I've owned the GNS530 and used it with RXP's software. I sold that and moved to the GTN750 touch screen which I love...and miss it right now unless I fire up P3D. Realsimgear has provided me with excellent/fast support when I had a question. The products have functioned flawlessly...highly recommended!

Can't wait for RXP to make their products MFS compatible...but yea, that will be a while.

Cheers,

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

2 hours ago, Chocorua said:

Nothing but 5 stars from over here. I've owned the GNS530 and used it with RXP's software. I sold that and moved to the GTN750 touch screen which I love...and miss it right now unless I fire up P3D. Realsimgear has provided me with excellent/fast support when I had a question. The products have functioned flawlessly...highly recommended!

Can't wait for RXP to make their products MFS compatible...but yea, that will be a while.

Cheers,

Greg

That's great Gregg, thanks for the recommendation. I will delve into my credit card me thinks!  Is there anything I need to know? Is it straightforward enough? I will wait until the units are all MSFS compatible.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Support is outstanding! 

It can take a little work to get their products working well in P3D and XP (if you have mix and match 530/750) ... not had much success using them in MSFS "as intended" (too many issues).

The only request I asked of RSG was to provide better display panels options (preferably OLED glass touch panels ... I'd happily pay more for them) ... the current panels are view angle restricted and it's a pretty narrow angle of variance, I've worked around it by adjusting the NCP values per device.  OLED glass touch panels are getting cheaper and cheaper, in fact a got a few for one my own hardware projects for (smaller displays with 128 x 128 65K colors) for about $22 (Waveshare) ... I'd happily pay $100 more for a OLED glass touch.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the info Rob, appreciated.

Howard

Cant say anything but good things about RSG.  I have the 430 & 530 and they worked amazingly in FSX (with Reality-XP).  RSG support has made the buttons function in MSFS so I can use them in that as well (although with limitations due to MS/Asobo).  I'm definitely going to get a G1000 suite next year.