Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog with FS2020?

Anyone here using the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog with FS2020?

I only accuired this hotas and throttle system recently and it seems many of the buttons and switches wont correctly map with FS2020.

I'd appreciate any feedback from other users.

Do you use the TARGET software at all, or just the FS2020 mapping method?

Thoughts and experience appreciated

Cheers

Your best bet is to install the FSUIPC 7 beta for MSFS. That's what I use and I've had zero issues with assigning buttons and axes. Just make sure that also use an empty MSFS controller profile for the TMH that has no assignments, else the sim and FSUIPC will conflict.

Ah right. I use to use FSUIPC for fsx and p3d way back when. Totally forgot there was an fs2020 version.

Many thanks and long time no see, hope you're well

I have taken a different approach to using FSUIPC.

I use the TARGET Software and have created a profile which is very similar to the one I used for FSX.  By doing this I have not had to totally re-learn the button presses. 

HOWEVER - FS2020 does not fully recognise the 'Thrustmaster Combined' device created when Target is run.

To get round this problem I ran FS2020 WITHOUT Target runnng so that FS2020 saw the separate Throttle and Joystick devices. Initially I copied the default profiles for these devices. Next I completely removed all settings within these profiles so that now I have clean profiles to work with.

I then set the assignments for Axes and Camera Views using FS2020 in the blank Throttle and Joystick profiles.  
(I had found that FS2020 would not react to the hat switch for panning, nor the axes in the 'Combined' device.)

Save all the profiles with their changes.

Stop FS2020.

Now run Target with the FS2020 target script   followed by FS2020.

Check that the 3 devices Throttle, Joystick, and Combined are all there and with the correct profiles.

FLY !  and check that the controls work as hoped.

Regards

Trevor

43 minutes ago, GB014934 said:

I have taken a different approach to using FSUIPC.

I use the TARGET Software and have created a profile which is very similar to the one I used for FSX.  By doing this I have not had to totally re-learn the button presses. 

HOWEVER - FS2020 does not fully recognise the 'Thrustmaster Combined' device created when Target is run.

To get round this problem I ran FS2020 WITHOUT Target runnng so that FS2020 saw the separate Throttle and Joystick devices. Initially I copied the default profiles for these devices. Next I completely removed all settings within these profiles so that now I have clean profiles to work with.

I then set the assignments for Axes and Camera Views using FS2020 in the blank Throttle and Joystick profiles.  
(I had found that FS2020 would not react to the hat switch for panning, nor the axes in the 'Combined' device.)

Save all the profiles with their changes.

Stop FS2020.

Now run Target with the FS2020 target script   followed by FS2020.

Check that the 3 devices Throttle, Joystick, and Combined are all there and with the correct profiles.

FLY !  and check that the controls work as hoped.

Hello,

I used Target with prepar3d and now i run FS2020 without it because FS2020 did not recognise Thrustmaster Combined.

I'll try your solution as soon as possible. Thanks for shared it !
Do you have experienced an issue with sensibility before and how did you solve it ? With Target ?
Thanks for help.
Regards

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

On 10/25/2020 at 11:02 AM, Livingston said:

Hello,

I used Target with prepar3d and now i run FS2020 without it because FS2020 did not recognise Thrustmaster Combined.

I'll try your solution as soon as possible. Thanks for shared it !
Do you have experienced an issue with sensibility before and how did you solve it ? With Target ?
Thanks for help.
Regards

I set the sensitivty for the axes within FS2020. 

My values are

Joystick --  (Pitch & Roll)

• L AXIS X     -70%
  • L AXIS Y     -70%

Throttle --

• L AXIS X          1%   ( I Do not use this -  It is the mini joystick at the back of the throttle)
  • L AXIS Y          1%   ( Not used )
  • L AXIS Z           1%   ( Left Throttle - I leave this to the default set by FS2020 )
  • R AXIS Z           1%   (Right Throttle )

• SLIDER X        -25%  (The Slider - I use this for Elevator Trim)

Note that the Dead Zone is set to 2% everywhere.  My Warthog is about 8 years old so I am making sure that any 'noise' generated does not impact the simulator.

My Rudder and Toe brakes are controlled by a CH ProPedals device.  I am still experimenting with the settings on this and have not yet come to my optimum settings for it.

Regards

Trevor

2 hours ago, GB014934 said:

I set the sensitivty for the axes within FS2020. 

My values are

Joystick --  (Pitch & Roll)

• L AXIS X     -70%
  • L AXIS Y     -70%

Throttle --

• L AXIS X          1%   ( I Do not use this -  It is the mini joystick at the back of the throttle)
  • L AXIS Y          1%   ( Not used )
  • L AXIS Z           1%   ( Left Throttle - I leave this to the default set by FS2020 )
  • R AXIS Z           1%   (Right Throttle )

• SLIDER X        -25%  (The Slider - I use this for Elevator Trim)

Note that the Dead Zone is set to 2% everywhere.  My Warthog is about 8 years old so I am making sure that any 'noise' generated does not impact the simulator.

My Rudder and Toe brakes are controlled by a CH ProPedals device.  I am still experimenting with the settings on this and have not yet come to my optimum settings for it.

Thanks for reply. Squarely -70% !

I'll  try your settings with the Warthog.

Regards

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

Hello some news.
I have done all your suggestions but when i run Target profil and FS2020, i can only see Combined (without profil of course) : no more Throttle and Joystick. 
Without Target, the joystick sensibility set on -70% seems better. Thanks.

I use the Warthog HOTAS, all hats, buttons, and switches work fine. I do not use Target at all, not even installed. After the latest MSFS update, I don't use FSUIPC either because the built in MSFS sensitivities now are working very great.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.