Sign in to follow this  
Dead

Deactivating Parallel Runway

Hello everyone!

Delhi IGI Airport (VIDP) has two runways in parallel [RWY-28 (HDG-284) and RWY-29 (HDG-283)]. Although they are not exactly parallel... But simultaneous ops are carried out. Nowadays, Most Landings are done at Rwy 28 and takeoffs from Rnwy 29.

My problem is FSX Does exactly opposite! In fsx, AI Traffic lands on 29 and takes off from 28. Is there a way I can make fsx do the opposite to match the real scenario?

Or if not that, Can I completely deactivate Rnw 29 somehow?

Thanks in advance!

Harsh Sharma

I believe you can use ADE to edit the default VIDP airport.

https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/airport-design-editor

The software has a learning curve, but basically you would need to double click on the runway one at a time so it highlights in yellow, select Pattern, and choose YES/NO for takeoffs and landings.  When done, save your project, compile it, put the file in your Addon Scenery folder, and make sure that folder is checked and has high priority in the FSX Scenery Editor.  Your edited VIDP airport will overrule the default stock airport.

• Like 1

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Actually I am using addon scenery for VIDP. In ADE, I opened the .bgl file (Addon scenery downloaded from Library) and selected NO for Rnwy 29 landing and NO for Rnwy 28 takeoffs.

When I go to File>Compile  , It shows lots and lots of errors. I think it is unable to properly decompile the bgl....

I was never able to edit addon airports in ADE due to this error.:sad:

11 hours ago, Dead said:

Actually I am using addon scenery for VIDP. In ADE, I opened the .bgl file (Addon scenery downloaded from Library) and selected NO for Rnwy 29 landing and NO for Rnwy 28 takeoffs.

When I go to File>Compile  , It shows lots and lots of errors. I think it is unable to properly decompile the bgl....

I was never able to edit addon airports in ADE due to this error.:sad:

Did you link the SDKs for FSX to ADE in the settings?  If you do not, it will not compile properly.  People do overlook that part.  As for the add-on airport, you can still edit and compile it and use it as long as it is placed in the Scenery Library above the add-on itself.  I also have an add-on airport that was fixed to my liking using ADE.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

2 hours ago, TextRich said:

Did you link the SDKs for FSX to ADE in the settings?  If you do not, it will not compile properly.  People do overlook that part.  As for the add-on airport, you can still edit and compile it and use it as long as it is placed in the Scenery Library above the add-on itself.  I also have an add-on airport that was fixed to my liking using ADE.

Ok I'll try it today...

11 hours ago, SAX702 said:

@Dead, could you say which VIDP addon scenery from the library you're using?  

Bro I downloaded it around 6 months back, and now I am unable to find it in library... But I still have the downloaded zip file....and I can share it with you if you want.

If you haven't, consider installing another VIDP package from the library and see if it meets your requirements.  It may be easier to modify an available package from the library.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library