Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

FSX default MAP ILS course data not updated

A specific example UK2000 EGCC. I have Herve Sors navaid updates applied. EGCC concurs as does a real approach chart (052 degrees for RWY05L & R). I have a plane sitting on 05L (use active runway from the main FSX menu and I didn't taxi out & line up manually) and it's HSI is showing 052 degrees. Out of curiosity I access the FSX map and the course there is 055 degrees. A payware airport doesn't affect the map it seems. Is there any way to update the stock map despite the sim seeing the correct data? I'd rather not mess with a payware airport in ADE if I don't need to, but would ADE be able to update the map anyway? :unsure:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I think it's the scenery. I loaded the stock FSX scenery and the map shows 052 degrees. After I loaded the UK2000 scenery (the free version), the map shows 055 degrees. 
It seems that the UK2000 scenery has the old value of 055 degrees and it's not modified by the updates.

From his Herve Sors FAQ:

6) Could the update kill my 3rd party sceneries or fail updating data due to 3rd party sceneries ?
Usually no, since 3rd party sceneries do not change stock simulator files.
It could happen for the very few addons that change the default navaids or airport BGL files (those called AP*.BGL in FS9 and APX*.BGL or NV*.BGL in FSX/P3D).

• Like 1

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

I have modified add-on airports with ADE.  You can save your work as a newly compiled file without overwriting the add-on.  Add the new work to the scenery library above the add-on scenery itself so your modification will take precedence over the original add-on's configuration.

• Like 1

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

1 hour ago, TextRich said:

You can save your work as a newly compiled file without overwriting the add-on. 

OF COURSE! thanks, Rich :blush: Thinking about it, the only issue I'd have to remember is if ,for whatever reason, I wanted to change some of the UK2000 options for that airport (typically displaying static aircraft or extra car models in the parking lots); I'd have to re-import into ADE, recompile and save. 

Also thank you Mirach for your investigation.:cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I finally picked the correct BGL file to open in ADE from the UK2000 EGCC folder . The navaid data is up to date... Given that, why is the FSX map still showing the old headings? EDIT: Will they change if I compile and save the airport despite the airport already has the correct data I wonder?

Edited by HighBypass

Mark Robinson