Sign in to follow this  
jjgp101

Is LNM possible on Android Tablet or on iPad?

I have an Android tablet and an iPad and I would like to know if I can use Little NavMap in either of them to follow my flights in P3Dv5 of my main computer; and if possible ... how to do it.

Thanks a lot

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Thanks Alex ... I am going to study it carefully ... it is very important for me that it is easy to change from Webserver to no Webserver, because I change my situation several times in a week due to my work.

Again thanks and greetings

J J Gomez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Alex has answered this question several times and the answer is no.

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Actually, the answer is YES! You can download spacedesk for tablet from the Google Play store and spacedesk for PC from the Spacedesk website (https://www.spacedesk.net/). [It's a freeware].

Then from the same Spacedesk website download the Windows 10 PC driver, which is required. The ultimate results is that it treats your tablet as a 'second monitor' for your PC.

You then 'drag' your "second monitor's desktop" to your tablet, (via wireless or hard-wire connection). Then you can run LNM on the tablet while flying in the sim... Here's a guy who posted a tutorial on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/embed/oij4e37gHXQ?autoplay=1.

I'm sure he meant well but I must warn you that his annunciation is terrible and to make matters worse, he mumbles and speaks far too fast. In addition to that, (which is already enough), he added some music in the background (I really hate that in tutorial videos). Aside from the very distracting music (in a already hard to understand delivery), the music occasionally drowns out certain parts of his, hard-to-understand, rapid-fire, speech

The video is only 6 minutes long, but if he would have omitted a lot of superfluous info (he was of mumbling, so it sounded superfluous to me, but...), the video probably would only have been 5 minutes. Then again, if he spoke at a normal speed, it probably would still be 6 minutes after the omissions were made,,,

Yes, I realize this is not a sparkling endorsement, but then, I myself, am still unclear as to the questions of necessity or application for such a program, and the potential resources it may require. In fact, it was my concern for how much CPU/GPU resources Little Nav Map would need, that prompted me to look into running it on my Samsung 10.1 Pen Tab.   

I did download the drivers needed for Spacedesk and the Spacedesk program itself, but I haven't installed any of it to my PC... (Yet). I also downloaded and installed Spacedesk into my Android tablet, but I'm beginning to feel like this idea is going to use more resources than if I simply installed LNM into the PC and ran it from there.

I've been building my own desktops for 10+ years and the one I have now was built from the ground up in late October 2022, (and a CPU/GPU upgrade less than 2 months ago). It's the most powerful and expensive computer that I've built to date. It can handle MSFS (with almost all relevant settings at the maximums), and all high-res 3rd party addons with no problem, but like anything in life, there's a limit.

If I keep adding a little here and a little there, I'm bound to hit that limit sooner or later. That's why I wish addons like LNM, Volanta, and others like those, would be available for remote use in a simple tablet installation.

However, even though I can build hi-perf computers, I know nothing about programming them. I have no idea what it would take to create an empathetic link between a PC and a tablet. Therefore, I must accept whatever is presented as being the only possibility, (especially if it's a freeware gift).

FWIW,

Rich

• Upvote 1

O/S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/ Corsair 780T case, (white)/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB (2x16) T-Force XTreem 3600MHz/ EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (OC’d 5.2 GHz)/ MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX-3080 TiEKWB EK-Quantum CPU block | EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (RGB) (fit to ASUS ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir for a total 900 mL cooling system | [2] Radiators: 240 mm & 120 mm radiators (all push/pull fan configs) | [4] Corsair LL120 RGB fans and [4] Corsair RGB strips all controlled by Corsair Lighting Node Pro and iCUE software/ | Internal Drives: [1] Crucial P5 NVME SATA 1 TB/ [5] SATA SSD’s (one 1-TB & four 500GB/ External Drives: [1] Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD 500 GB/ [1] Seagate MomentusX, 1TB SSHD/ Philips 32” curved monitor model 328E1: 4K, 3840 x 2160 x 60Hz