Sign in to follow this  
MD83

NOC?! There's no such thing as "New Old Colors"!! :)

I was looking through the Avsim library and I came across aircraft with "NOC" in their description. How can a plane be in "New Old Colours"?! Why don't the authors say "Circa 1996"? It's a lot clearer :-lol.

Guest dandan2005

I presume you're talking about Delta Air Lines? I think its known as NOC due to the short timespan between the OC and the NOC, I think it was only 2-3yrs of the NOC before Deltaflot was introduced!

Because in 1996 we had 3 color schemes on our aircraft. Its common knowledge that they were called in order:1. Old Colors, Classic, or "Widget"2. New Old colors, intermediate, Leo's3. New new Colors, or the rag, DeltaflotIts how most folks classify them, doing it by year is likely more confusing.Hornit

I stand corrected :) Thanks!---------------------------------------"If it doesn't have a VC, I won't be flying it http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/smug.gif" ... hang on a minute .... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/unsure.gif ... that is too restrictive! Most flight simulator planes don't have a fully functional VC .... I'm happy to fly non-VC planes such as the brilliant iFDG range, Samdim's fantastic aircraft, POSKY's wonderful planes, and many many others! I'm the richer for it :).