Sign in to follow this  
Eufi18

German Keyboard

After installing the FS2Crew Majestic Dash P3D v5 package I have to add the US language pack to Windows 10
Unfortunately my German keyboard layout changes to the US style. Is it possible to use the QWERTZ keyboard?

8 minutes ago, Eufi18 said:

After installing the FS2Crew Majestic Dash P3D v5 package I have to add the US language pack to Windows 10
Unfortunately my German keyboard layout changes to the US style. Is it possible to use the QWERTZ keyboard?

I don't personally know since I don't use a German keyboard.  

Maybe another German user here knows.

Since it's been two years I'm sure the question isn't relevant to OP anymore, but just in case anyone else with the same question ends up here:

On the right side of your taskbar, just left of date and time is a little icon that says your current keyboard language. "EN" for english, DE for german. You can click that and change the language back to german, this will not affect FS2Crew in any way since it has nothing to do with the voice recognition language. You have to do this every time you reboot your device or wake it up from sleep mode if the OS language is set to English, but it's a small price to pay.

I had an issue whereby the keyboard language was changed to US English from UK English. This should fix it, and you should only have to do it once:

Right click your Start Button, choose Powershell (admin)

Run this command to get a list of installed languages on your PC

Get-WinUserLanguageList

Note down the LanguageTag of your preferred language

If say, your preferred language is US English, run this command and hit Enter:

$1 = New-WinUserLanguageList en-US

Then run this command to set the order of installed input languages

Set-WinUserLanguageList $1

Close Powershell and restart your PC