Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Drzewiecki Designs Seattle scenery

The scenery was recently released I'm downloading now will put screenshots up on the screenshot forum when its installed.  I have their Wash DC and Moscow sceneries and I like their products.

Edited by Todd2

Can't wait till this gets on the market lace.  Seattle is my still my hometown despite where I am living now.  And it answers a question I had since release.  Can or will developers create hand crafted cities for photogrammetric areas.  The answer, it seems is a resounding yes.

Looks great! Should pair nicely with the FSimStudios YVR with Vancouver city add ons like the seaplane docks. 

I like the detailed port cranes, I sure would like to see better port cranes world wide. They are part of the skyline in so many port cities of the world, let look like garbage in the base photogrammetry. Bridges could see improvement in MSFS as many, even in big cities have vertical walls of water underneath, etc. And you generally can't fly under them?! Even when it looks right, the bridges I've tried to fly under just make me crash into an invisible wall instead of passing underneath. 

Heck! Will someone get a flyable Beaver published for MSFS already! 🙂 The Icon looks like an awesome plane to own and fly in the real world. But it's too boring for a sim plane. I want the classic Beaver float!

Edited by Dylanear

Does this only work correctly with photogrammetry?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

That looks nice! I'm really loving these City and landmark sceneries!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 hours ago, Dylanear said:

I like the detailed port cranes, I sure would like to see better port cranes world wide. They are part of the skyline in so many port cities of the world, let look like garbage in the base photogrammetry. Bridges could see improvement in MSFS as many, even in big cities have vertical walls of water underneath, etc. And you generally can't fly under them?! Even when it looks right, the bridges I've tried to fly under just make me crash into an invisible wall instead of passing underneath. 

That is an unfortunate side effect of Photogrammetry.  Photogrammetry is treated by the sim as more of a highly detailed DEM mesh than actual objects.  The "altitude" mesh is layered on top of the default DEM for the area, and then the Photo elements are "draped" onto the mesh like any other "texture".  I believe this is why people see more improvement in photogrammetry when Terrain LOD is expanded. The simulation treats Photogrammetry as a terrain feature, not as individual objects.

When Photogrammetry is turned off, that mesh is removed, and then the normal AI places autogen objects as it determines.  

From what I've seen Designers can "improve" bridges one of two ways.  They place a Bridge object on the actual mesh and then make the area beneath it transparent, but in the sim it's still seen as a wall so you crash into an invisible wall.  Or I've seen some designers use "flattens" to flatten the mesh all together and then place the bridge object.  This appears to allow you to fly under the bridge.  It must be much easier to set the area transparent and then put the correct model on top, as I see this method generally used more, resulting in a nicely rendered bridge, but still lethal when trying to fly under it.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dylanear said:

Heck! Will someone get a flyable Beaver published for MSFS already! 🙂 The Icon looks like an awesome plane to own and fly in the real world. But it's too boring for a sim plane. I want the classic Beaver float!

Or a C208 float model.  Something that someone might actually see up around Alaska or other remote areas.

The only place I've actually seen an Icon is in MSFS 2020 and MS Flight.   And or course NTSB accident reports (jab....).  Wow, maybe flying is different than driving a car.  Who'd of thunk it?

Yeah, I understand the challenges and photogrammetry in general is a great addition and better than auto gen mostly. But bridges and port cranes are where it really falls apart the most. I know it's generally verboten in GA to be doing crazy things like flying under a bridge. But in the sims I love to do some bridge barnstorming! And MSFS is the first sim I can recall using that mostly doesn't allow you to fly under bridges. Maybe you can some places, I can only recall crashing when trying, even on very tall bridges with TONS of space underneath. 

As a local, I love this. Would also love for someone to do custom work for BFI. My first solo was there in '97. 

Has anyone bought this yet? I would love to see a review of the product. Since the default Seattle area is pretty much handcrafted, I would like to see if this add-on makes a noticeable difference. Would love to see a Filbert Flies review on this scenery.

DD Seattle Landmarks, Flightbeam's KPDX, FSimStudios CYVR would make this area even better!

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 11/20/2020 at 8:35 AM, captain420 said:

Has anyone bought this yet? I would love to see a review of the product. Since the default Seattle area is pretty much handcrafted, I would like to see if this add-on makes a noticeable difference. Would love to see a Filbert Flies review on this scenery.

DD Seattle Landmarks, Flightbeam's KPDX, FSimStudios CYVR would make this area even better!

I bought it this weekend.  It is pretty amazing.  Especially at night.  Seattle looks lit up like a Christmas Tree.  They also included Bellevue and re did the floating bridges.  The cranes are all redone at the waterfront and they have a great rendering of the NCL Pearl in the harbor.  

Some minor nitpicks.  The Ferry's are not very well rendered.  The people at the float plane bases are a little rough.  But the skyline and the building detail is spot on.

DD answered the question I had on whether people can improve photogrammetric areas with hand crafted models.  The answer is a resounding yes.  And something is pretty magical flying into Elliot Bay with the whole town alight.  It's pretty cool.

I have both Flightbeams KPDX and FSDT CYVR and it does round out the area. Asobo's KSEA is rendered accurately enough to hang with these other two airports, although the scenery does nothing to the enhance KSEA itself.

The biggest concern I have is there appears to be a CTD conflict with Orbx KTIW.  While I don't fly into KTIW often, the Orbix KTIW does correct the Tacoma's Narrows bridges.  Currently I have a ticket open with both 3PD's to make them aware of the issue.  Unfortunately I currently have to disable the Orbx scenery to run the DD Seattle landmarks.  2 Bridges and a small regional airport are a small price to pay.  At least until they get together and fix one of the packages.

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 1