Sign in to follow this  
shermank

P3D V4.5 slow loading after scenery addition

Greetings all, and to Lorby, thanks again for your great add on organizer. 

I have noticed that usually when I add a new scenery, the first P3D boot takes an unusually longer time than normal. At the moment as I write this, Task Manager reports the scenery seems stuck at 45752 MB. Sometimes, I will simply end the process and try again...the last time I did this earlier today, my computer went into crash mode and rebooted...very odd...

Should I delete the scenery.cfg file and let P3D rebuild its own, or is there something else to try. Thanks.

Sherm

18 minutes ago, shermank said:

Should I delete the scenery.cfg file and let P3D rebuild its own, or is there something else to try. Thanks.

No. If you do that, you lose all the scenery that you have added to it. P3D can only rebuild the default .cfg.

Plus, depending on how your scenery has been installed, the scenery.cfg is not the only config file referencing them. Make sure to check your add-on.xml files too.

But in any case - this sounds a lot like "just too much scenery". Or other things, massive libraries of AI aircraft & liveries will slow down the loading process too. Ultimately, you are the only one who can help. You must disable scenery in succession to find out how much of it your sim can tolerate. On a side note, in my experience photorel scenery with autogen addons is the worst. Hundreds of thousands of tiny files to parse, that takes a lot of time - especially when it happens on a hard disk and not an SSD.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks Lorby....interestingly, moments after I wrote to you, the installation gods evidently were paying attention. The load moved back to its customary pace. 🙂

I understand what you are saying about photo real scenery. Except for that which is part of ORBX sets, I generally avoid it. However, with that said, once the program has absorbed what it has to the first time after new scenery is added, things generally move along well and I am at the splash screen in less than 5 minutes. 

If the installation gods are still listening, I hope I have not jinxed myself....:-)

Sherm