Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hall

How to go back to 'windowed' mode?

Hi Alex,

I installed the v2.6 and having created a flight-plan was unable to load it into P3D5.1 - or - Radar Contact!

The plan is there in the 'correct' place same as before ~~~ just can not make it copy to P3D and RC!

There were other issues that I did not like - missing tabs at the top of the window for example - so have uninstalled and reverted to 2.45...

Somehow, I have managed to convert the map screen into a GIANT image covering 3-screens and am unable to reduce to a single 'windowed' image!!!

I have uninstalled - rebooted the system - twice and reinstalled 2.45 but on opening via the exe-file it immediately jumps to cover 3-screens again as before!

I know that LNM opens same as its last use but would have thought uninstallation would have removed any previous configuration. I guess there must be trace elements lurking in the registry somewhere???

It is most likely something very simple that I just cannot see 😞

Can you give me the benefit of your expertise and allow me to get back to 'normal' again.

Best wishes,

Ken 😉

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

Alt+enter to go from full screen or back.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Hi Ken,

3 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

I installed the v2.6 and having created a flight-plan was unable to load it into P3D5.1 - or - Radar Contact!

The plan is there in the 'correct' place same as before ~~~ just can not make it copy to P3D and RC!

You're probably trying to load the LNMPLN format into these applications. This new format is only for LNM since all other formats have too many limitations. Use the multiexport function to save plans for other applications.

multiexport.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

There were other issues that I did not like - missing tabs at the top of the window for example

What tabs are missing? Screenshot? More information? What other issues?

5 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Somehow, I have managed to convert the map screen into a GIANT image covering 3-screens and am unable to reduce to a single 'windowed' image!!!

For 2.6: This is most likely fullscreen. One of the most requested features. Hit Shift+F11 or the "Exit Fullscreen" button on top or the context menu.
If all fails use "Reset Window Layout to Default".

8 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

I have uninstalled - rebooted the system - twice and reinstalled 2.45 but on opening via the exe-file it immediately jumps to cover 3-screens again as before!

Uninstalling and rebooting does not help.  Rename the ABarthel folder in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel This removes all settings and databases. Keep the old folder as a backup.

Alex

@Vineguy: thanks but I had already tried that without effect!

@Alex: thanks for your reply~~~ did not know of the 'multiexport' function!

Missing tabs: across the top of screen - no tabs for File; Flight Plan; Map; View etc, etc! Unable to provide image as I have already uninstalled 2.6.

Useful tip to rename the 'ABarthel' file ~~~ have noted and placed in a 'safe place'.

Thanks for your time.

Ken 😉

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

28 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Missing tabs: across the top of screen - no tabs for File; Flight Plan; Map; View etc, etc! Unable to provide image as I have already uninstalled 2.6.

Sounds like the whole layout is messed up. This is strange since 2.6 and 2.4 use different settings to store this and should not affect each other.
Window -> Reset Window Layout should normally fix this.

Renaming the ABarthel folder should definitely fix the issues. You have to do this anyway since the scenery library databases from 2.6 cannot be loaded by 2.4 See changelog.

Multiexport is only in 2.6. The 2.4 has separate menu items for flight plan export in the file menu.

Alex

Maybe back in business!

Deleted the LNM folder from 'C' and also deleted the ...\Roaming\ABarthel file as I wanted to make a completely CLEAN 'try again' 🙂

Installed v2.6.4Beta and (drum roll) all the previously 'missing' tabs are now there!

Ready to give this a 'go' and will report back in due course.

Coincidentally I have just taken a phone call from a fellow Simmer asking about planning software and I have strongly recommended LNM with a strong reference to 'support'.

Keep up the good work.

Ken 😉

Hi Ken,

thank for feedback. The 2.6 has plenty of fixes for dock window layout issues. No idea what caused the missing tabs. Normally newer LNM versions can deal with the settings of previous versions. Anyway, glad its fixed.

Alex

Alex,.

all seems to be sorted now but one question remains...

I note that my plans are now saved to: User\Documents instead of P3D5 files!

Can this be changed to the original P3D5 Files (or have I missed something else?!)

Not so important now that I know where they are 'hiding'...

Ken 😉

Hi Ken,

the export has changed a lot. See the screenshot I posted above how to configure this. This shows all the relevant places.

For P3D: Open the multiexport options dialog, check the box on the left for "FSX and Prepar3D". Then right-click on the row and "Select export path". Choose right path.
You probably also want to change the export options at the bottom to avoid a dialog popping up every time.

Once done you can click the two green arrows down button on the toolbar and all selected files will be saved to the right places.

Still working on the manual. This is is not updated yet.

Alex

Hi Alex,

apologies for the late response - other items just got in the way 😞

Thanks for the information.

Ken 😉

The only time I can view the map is by clicking the maximise button and have the map cover all of the screen.

Is there no way I can view the map in a smaller windowed screen, if so, how does it work ??

It seems the only button for MAP is the X Maximise.

3 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

The only time I can view the map is by clicking the maximise button and have the map cover all of the screen.

Is there no way I can view the map in a smaller windowed screen, if so, how does it work ??

It seems the only button for MAP is the X Maximise.

menu -> Window -> "Reset window layout to default"

or rearrange dock windows to your liking:
https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/DOCKWINDOWS.html

It can happen that the map windows is lost when changing certain options. But this is noted in the dialog.

Alex