Sign in to follow this  
Malc

Key board ?

I am using a separate key board as I am using a monitor and I do not want the lap top in front of me. The problem is that when prompted by fs 2020 to use some keys, on the separate keyboard nothing happens. Do I need to buy a dedicated key board for my HP Omen17 lap top  ?

18 minutes ago, Malc said:

I am using a separate key board as I am using a monitor and I do not want the lap top in front of me. The problem is that when prompted by fs 2020 to use some keys, on the separate keyboard nothing happens. Do I need to buy a dedicated key board for my HP Omen17 lap top  ?

It might be worth trying to delete the default key assignments and map them again with the new keyboard.

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It might be worth trying to delete the default key assignments and map them again with the new keyboard.

I tried that but maybe i am doing something wrong.I will try again,thanks

If Notepad can see your other keyboard, then so can MSFS.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:00 AM, Fielder said:

If Notepad can see your other keyboard, then so can MSFS.

Sorry but I do not understand, If notepad can I see other keys ?  At this moment in time I am not getting anywhere with this FS I did updates today and now I cannot even get the cockpit right and left view which I had before. I find the FS very user unfriendly, absolutely nothing like FSX.😬 The controls on the air bus have no resemblance to the A321 I flew in FSX. Going to need all the help I can get I think.😒

I think, our problem is we are all used to the structures of FSX and P3D.  It is early in the life of MSFS and we will adjust.  It is beautiful and much more realistic than the earlier Flight products.  Many, if not most of us, remember the pain we went through with FSX and P3D in their early days.  MSFS is going to be so much better given a bit of time when the bugs are quashed and developers get the hang of it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malc said:

Sorry but I do not understand, If notepad can I see other keys ?  At this moment in time I am not getting anywhere with this FS I did updates today and now I cannot even get the cockpit right and left view which I had before. I find the FS very user unfriendly, absolutely nothing like FSX.😬 The controls on the air bus have no resemblance to the A321 I flew in FSX. Going to need all the help I can get I think.😒

I thought you meant the keyboard on the laptop worked fine in MSFS but the 'separate keyboard' did not work. I misunderstood your problem. If the separate keyboard works in windows, then it will not be invisible to MSFS either.

The new update did break everybody's keybindings for translating the cockpit view left right up down on any keyboard, and I think the translate drone down key binding too. It's just a matter of rebinding them in the controls setup screen. These same bindings were broken if they had been mapped on a controller too, as well as the keyboard. You would have to rebind those particular commands on the keyboard and on the controller (if they were mapped on a controller before).

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Thanks all for your responses, I can see I have done the right thing by joining this forum, I am sure I will be back with more questions.