Sign in to follow this  
Marci3011

Fligh plan import GTN750 (resolved)

So, after hours of reading this forum/manual and trying different solutions were none of them worked I am a now asking for help.

I downloaded the flight plan in .gfp format and put it into C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN and it just doesn't show up in the GTN750. as far as I understand in this latest version there is no import button anymore is that correct ?. The other thing that's very strange is that on the GTN750 1 no FPLN show up but on the GTN750 2 the standard  KPDX to KPDX is shown (as you can see in the picture below).

I really hope there is a fix for this.

unknown.png

Hi,

Can you please post the content of the RXP log files (see RXP User's Manual for file/path).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

Can you please post the content of the RXP log files (see RXP User's Manual for file/path).

Yeah sure,

there you go

rxpGtnSim.dll

20/11/23 21:49:18.314 06348 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.27.0
20/11/23 21:49:18.313 06348 INFO ]
20/11/23 21:50:06.254 06348 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6624
20/11/23 21:50:06.643 06348 INFO ] GTN 750.2 - TRAINER 6624

rxpGTN.xpl

20/11/23 21:49:15.555 06348 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.27.0
20/11/23 21:49:15.555 06348 INFO ]

whats different now is that I have the import button but when I try to import it it says flight plan import failed

FPN/RI:F:LOSH:F:N47374337E012558597:F:LIX1

that would be the Fplan

unknown.png

You're making progress in the right direction!

It is possible there is a formatting problem with your file. Just to make sure of this, can you please try with the flight plan sample which is included in the installation? (see User's Manual - Flight Plan chapter for details)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I need to piggy back on this post.

I am really struggling with inability to import flt plans.

I'm feeling like a complete Luddite.  I have no import buttons, should I have some?  My screen has no import button under the flight catalog screen, after pressing menu it has "delete all" and greyed out "delete pending".

I am placing flt plans in every conceivable format saved from Little Nav Map v2.2.4.  I have the most recent version of the GTN750 installed.

I have read the pinned posts on flight planning.

May I get some help with this please.

C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GtnTrainer\FPLN is where my plans are located.

AND DUPLICATED HERE

C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GtnTrainer\FPLN

Bryan

rxpGTNxpl.log

20/12/07 00:51:23.934 12280 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.27.0
20/12/07 00:51:23.934 12280 INFO ]

rxpGtnSim.dll.log

20/12/07 00:51:26.825 12280 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.27.0
20/12/07 00:51:26.825 12280 INFO ]
20/12/07 00:58:26.760 12280 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6624
20/12/07 01:34:55.567 12280 INFO ] GTN 750.2 - TRAINER 6624

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

On 11/23/2020 at 7:36 AM, Marci3011 said:

So, after hours of reading this forum/manual and trying different solutions were none of them worked I am a now asking for help.

I downloaded the flight plan in .gfp format and put it into C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN and it just doesn't show up in the GTN750. as far as I understand in this latest version there is no import button anymore is that correct ?. The other thing that's very strange is that on the GTN750 1 no FPLN show up but on the GTN750 2 the standard  KPDX to KPDX is shown (as you can see in the picture below).

I really hope there is a fix for this.

unknown.png

May I ask how you got your Import button to show?

Near CAM3

Hi Bert, yes this is exactly what I have on my system.  Something weird happened when I updated my RXP and this was the first time I checked it and I have no import button, and nothing shows in the catalog of flt plans.

It was working before, months back but I was many versions out of date so I did an update a week or so back and yesterday I tied to import a plan and nadda.

Edited by 1st fltsimguy

Near CAM3

I actually dumped plans into all of these folders...Still nothing.

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN

C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GnsTrainer\FPLN

C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GtnTrainer\FPLN

Near CAM3

RESOLVED!

Wow, and old age moment.  I knew I was doing something wrong.

Cleaned the screen of some residual plan I`m not sure where it came from why it was there. Starting from blank screen I could then import no issue.

What was I thinking!  I need a beer.

Near CAM3

@1st FltSimGuy, i am in the same boat you were. I can not get the import button to show up no matter what. I also tried to any plan from the screen so it was blank, but I still can't get the import button to show up. The manual is useless as it just says to put the plan in the C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN folder which I have done. I've restarted the trainer, and X-Plane with no results. I'm about to give up.

On 12/21/2020 at 12:44 AM, Mjoliat said:

@1st FltSimGuy, i am in the same boat you were. I can not get the import button to show up no matter what. I also tried to any plan from the screen so it was blank, but I still can't get the import button to show up. The manual is useless as it just says to put the plan in the C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN folder which I have done. I've restarted the trainer, and X-Plane with no results. I'm about to give up.

And I am in the exact same situation...no capability to import. I have checked the permissions all the way through the ProgramDat\Garmin folders, no problem. My registry entry says:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\ for DataPath

and

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\ for DBDataPath

Putting my very simple .gfp plan in either location, within an FPLN directory or standalone gives no joy.

This is not well-documented, please, RXP, give us some help with a problem that seems to have been running for several years.

Thank you...Chris

17 minutes ago, chrisp666 said:

Help..

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN is the correct location.

Flightplan - Menu - Catalogue - Menu - Import.

• Like 1

Bert

I removed the GTN750 from the XPLANE plugins, re-ran the installer, and now it works. Why it didn't work the first time, who knows?

• Like 1