Hi, I've bought a buttkicker but have read about several pieces of software to run it properly I'm not sure which to go for.

i run xplane, P3D v4 and MSFS and ideally would like the buttkicker to work properly with all three. Ideally one piece of software would be good to do thiis.

Sim shaker for aviators seems to be the all rounder but nervous to purchase something from Russia. So wondered if anyone knows of alternatives of what others use to drive their buttkickers.  Opus does something but would I need both MSFS version and P3D?

Thanks in advance

I use this software and control 3 Buttkickers with it. They have versions for P3D and MSFS . I never used sim shaker but have looked at it and the learning curve is abit much. With OPUS he has already done the work with the effects for all the sim events. I do recommend getting at least 2 buttkickers for the best experience, One for the chair and one for desk. I find the experience in P3D to be better but MSFS is still a work in progress.  Josh

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/downloads.htm

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/OpusMSFS_ButtKicker.pdf

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Thank you.
With Opus for MSFS is it standalone or does it need a p3d licence too?

What I like about simshaker it appears to work with all sims and there is evidence of people using it Ok.

Any ideas what I can use for Xplane? Just voicemeeter and push the sim audio off to the BK2?

I've been thinking about getting one of these for a long time.  How loud are they?  Funny question.  But I wear head phones when I fly and just wondering how much rattling and booming the rest of the house will hear/feel

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

@micstaticI've not yet had a good go with flying with it attached to my chair as I've been researching the best software to drive it.  I've of course just tested it letting it pick up the bass sounds from the sim and as far as I can tell its fairly quiet on the office chair config.  It just kinda hums and occasionally rattles the ram cover.  Its so adjustable that you can turn the effects up or down fairly easily, but I would say that a chair upstairs is going to drum on the floor below. I've seen you can get shock absorbing pads for it.

All in all its worth its money for the take off roll and touchdown feel, and that is just using the standard sound output from MSFS, to feel the wheels make contact - so your chair goes from nothing to a thump and a shake really goes some way to getting a landing right.

Thanks @c912039 I'll take a look at that software before I go to Opus.

I have RealisticXP V2 and my one ButtKicker and it feels great.  I have another Buttkicker and need to figure out the Sim Shaker software.  It is set up much like RealisticXP.  Notice how the video fails to explain when downloading where does it goes.  Mine went to Programs Files 86 but that is not where my XPlane is at.  There is an Xplane folder within the download but within the software you have to select the Simulator and it does not allow me to Select XPlane.  I am wondering if I need to download to XPlane folder or drag a folder to XPlane Folder from Sim Shaker. 

(129) Sim Shaker review English for P3D, X-plane 11, FSX, DCS World. - YouTube

On 11/27/2020 at 6:23 AM, micstatic said:

I've been thinking about getting one of these for a long time.  How loud are they?  Funny question.  But I wear head phones when I fly and just wondering how much rattling and booming the rest of the house will hear/feel

ButtKicker website has them on sale for $50 off= $129, this is after I bought mine of course.  3-4 days at your door.