Sign in to follow this  
dresoccer4

High GPU at Title Screen?

As I'm browsing the main menu or marketplace, my PC fans are roaring away and GPU use is consistently >40%. Anyone else find this odd or know why it needs to do that?

Edited by dresoccer4

I've noticed something similar. My PC often struggles with the menu options, taking one or two goes to select them. Sometimes it just hangs and I have to restart. You would think that performance would only be an issue when you start flying?

4 hours ago, Stona said:

Turn on vsync to limit the frame rate 

Yes, that would work, but not the best solution if one doesn't want to cap framerate when flying.  

Apparently the sim is rendering the hangar.  I am fully "gpu limited" in menus with video card going at near 100%.  Solid 80+ fps.

There are jokes on official forums about devs mining bitcoin in the background.

15 hours ago, ivng said:

Yes, that would work, but not the best solution if one doesn't want to cap framerate when flying.  

Apparently the sim is rendering the hangar.  I am fully "gpu limited" in menus with video card going at near 100%.  Solid 80+ fps.

There are jokes on official forums about devs mining bitcoin in the background.

But why would you not cap the frame rate at your monitors refresh rate?
Isn't it a simple solution that has no side effects in a flight sim and it solves your problem!

My 1080ti gpu uses about 30% when I'm in the menu at 60fps

I know, it makes sense to do so.  However, it's a laughable problem to have and I'm surprised it doesn't seem to be an issue devs are looking to solve.  Should be embarassing enough to jump on it as a priority.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be a relatively simple fix?  Press any key to start is already gone, menu framerate cap should also be there by now.

My 3090 hits just above 80fps in the menus, well under 144hz monitor cap.  I really want to use this card to its fullest in flight so setting limits isn't optimal. 

I know this is whining - a first world problem.  It's just unbelievable that software is set up to stress systems in menus.  Could be a good GPU benchmark. 😜