Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

Trouble installing fsx gold edition + acceleration

Recently have new computer 10700kf, 1tb M.2 DVMe SSD, 1TB 7200RPM, 32gb 3400 memory, 3080, 1000 watts power, Windows 10\home and want to get back into FSX. Unfortunately having problems., installing fsx gold edition with acceleration.  My other computer until it crashed had no problems installing the sim also on Windows 10 

I have the 3 cds and trying to install it with an external optical drive. I put the first cd in, and I know u should not install in program files, or x86 programs,  I click on bottom and select c\\fsx, the install shield wizard comes up.  I get to 5 blue bar up on the top right, and then after couple minutes nothing happens. I pull the CD out. error message 1722 comes up.

This has happened at least 5x, cannot get passed it.  I have been simming for many years. and was using windows10.  This is a new computer.

Please, folks help me!!!  Want to get back into flying.  Any suggestions or ides will be greatly appreciated

Thanks, ronny

Hi Ronny,

This is a problem that has often occurred when installing FSX into Windows 10.  The Error code you see, along with several others show that there has been an installer error and that the installer has to be reset.  However, some have reported that this hasn't worked for them.

You will need to download a program to do the job.  You can go here:  https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/18934/fsx-resetsldlexe/

There will be instructions (Read Me.rtf) with the download so go through the steps carefully, though you will need to note, that when you go into Command Prompt, you will need to use Command Prompt (Admin).  It also assumes you are on C Drive.  You'll need to make the appropriate change in your Command Line, if you're using another Drive Letter.  After you type, cd c:\microsoftkb928080, hit Enter & then type, resetsldl /a, a space after resetsldl.

After the fix is applied, then re-boot your computer.  Hopefully, that will clear up your installation issue.

Chris

Still having trouble

When went to cmd toed everything got following error: resetsldll is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.   I then tried again said something about cleaning up token store

Somebody. Please help me

I am also using administrator

I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but when you typed  resetsldl /a  , change that to  resetsldl -All  (a space after  resetsldl).  I've heard that this entry is also used - worth a try. 

And to confirm, after MicrosoftKB928080 was downloaded to your Drive, your Command Line in Command Prompt (Admin) to change Directory, did point to its location?

Chris

Yep u hit it right on the head. when cms prompt was given.above the search bar clicked administrative. That was key.

Will try to install fsx next few days

I am sure will need help

Edited by rsperge
Had ? Mark did not need it

need help here again,  please

installed cd 1 and 2 fine, asked for activation code, entered it, fine, then went to screen to set up fsx, asks if you are a beginner, back again, and so forth, when I clicked on  that my screen went black

What went wrong ? Please help me.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home