Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

get black screen after installing fsx gold edition

I have fsx gold edition with acceleration on windows 10 new computer 10700kf, 3080 vid,

II did the reset tool and that worked, rebooted proceeded to download cd 1 and cd 2 then was able to activate with the code, then prompted me to set up fsx asking me if I was new or I am back, up to this point everything was going fine, I also heard the music as well, after that I made my choice I am back, I got a total black screen on my monitor

What happened and how do I correct that ? 

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Still having problems getting black screen

I made the following changes as well

1-PartMgr in the registry clicked ok and rebooted got total black screen

2- Compatibility- checked in run program in compatability mode,  Windows 8, also run as administrator, rebooted.  Still got the total black screen.

What am I doing wrong ? Any suggestions ?

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Try right click the desk top icon and run as administrator. This is the only way FSX will start on my computer after doing the PartMgr thing. By the way, if you go back to that registry entry you will see that it is lower case again. Interesting.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I checked PartMgr in registry its fine. Just don't know what is the problem, this is a new computer, I have used fsx accelerastion for many years, even had it on my old computer with Windows 10.

I did the reset toot, compatibility issue, PartMgr, still get the full black screen,  The product is activated, the first 2 cd's, very puzzeling.  Also running in administrative

Anymore suggestion would appreciate!!!

If your FSX is already activated, then you don't have to worry about the PartMgr entry. 

When you get the black screen, what happens when you hit ALT + Enter?  If FSX works in windowed mode & not in full screen, you may want to make the change in your  fsx.cfg  file to reflect that, so at least you can get FSX going until you're able to isolate the cause of the black screen.

Can you get into your FSX Settings?  If so, Uncheck DX10 Preview, if it is checked.  Or else, if it's not checked, then tick it.  Any difference? 

Have you updated your video card drivers?  If you have and are having the problem, then go back to an earlier driver, doing a clean install of it.

Have you tried deleting your  fsx.cfg  (not the .txt file), and letting it re-build when launching FSX?

Just a few things for you to consider & test.

Chris

tried again still no luck.  I can even get to the main screen after doing the settings, then when when I click ready to fly, boom, black screen comes up.  Its weird , very strange.  Its got to be a small  little setting thats messing everything up.

I will keep in touch, tomorrow I have a surgical procedure, try in a few more days.   Thanks , so much.  Its weird!!!

one other item, checked in programs and features, and it says fsx installed, Microsoft flight simulator X with the icon, 12.9 gib, version 10.060905

back from my surgery, was able to install acceleration, and activate, still got black screen, did all the proper procedures rebooting etc etc, but I did notice something in task manager:  it said the following, had the icon Fsx.exe, not responding,  user name ronny, CPU 06, and finally under UAC virtualization, says not allowed  So what is going on, is something blocking it ? All I have is window defender.  Its basically a new computer. I installed it under administrator

One other point, was able to get into the setting for fsx, then clicked on flight to fly, and boom, got the same black screen.

Any suggestions please.  I

Check to see whether there is any error report showing up in your Event Viewer.  To get there, type  Event Viewer  in you search box after clicking on the Windows Orb.  The Event Viewer will take a little time to populate.  Once it does, go to  Custom Views > Administrative Events.  Do a search down the list of reports until you come to one that reflects an error in FSX.  If there is one there, let us know the Error Code & Faulting Module.

Chris

You might also re-address compatibility mode. W8 might not be far enough back. I'm not totally surprised it didn't run well without the SP's. Acceleration would have installed them, though.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I had exactly the same problem. FSX always tries to start full screen. For some reason my Windows 10 would just show a black screen. I had to reboot to clear it. The fix I used was to add a line to the fsx.cfg file in the MAIN section that says Maximized=2. That forced FSX to start in windowed mode and all was then well.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.