Sign in to follow this  
Kai-Uwe Wei

Flightplan in A320 Neo mod

I'd like to know how it can be possible to import a flightplan via PFPX and having a vertical profil with accurate flightlevels at the waypoints and a shown TOD. Is this possible at all; maybe there is a tutorial how to handle this?

Mainboard: ASUS ROG STRIX z370-H Gaming, CPU: CoffeeLake I7 8700K @ 5,2Ghz
Gainward CardExpert RTX 2080Ti, Monitor: LG ULTRAWIDE(38UC99) 3840*1600

32 GB RAM DDR4 3200 GSkill, Intel OptaneMemory 32GB
Windows 10 pro, MSFS and P3Dv5.1

VNAV is not currently implemented. You can determine a three degree descent by doing a bit of quick math:

• Subtract airport elevation from your current altitude (ex. FL350 - 1,000' = 34,000')
  • Multiply the result in thousands by three (34 * 3 = 102). This is the distance from the airport you should begin your descent*.
  • Multiply your ground speed by five (440Kts * 5 = 2,200). This is your descent rate in feet per minute.

* Add ten to twenty miles if you have a tailwind.

You can continue this mental math during different points in your descent to determine if you're still on profile. For example, crossing 10,000' in the previous example you'll want to be around 30 miles out, perhaps a bit more to decelerate.

Edited by Hyperfocal
  • Like 2

See the attached video for a very detailed explanation on how to enter a SimBrief generated flight plan into the FBW A320nx MCDU. The site also has other excellent videos specific to the FBW A320nx, including how to calculate your T/D start point.

John

• Like 2

I use the time method, I use in GA aircraft. Just faster descent rate and speed.

You can see how many minutes you are from a point in the flight plan on the MCDU, it gives you eta time at each waypoint.

So keep a constant speed (usually 250-280 kts) descend at 2000'/min. 10 minutes will descend you 20,000', 6 minutes 12,000' etc. Pretty simple, it is easy to check your descent as you go and make any adjustments needed. Don't forget to slow to 250 kts at 10,000'.

Edited by 177B
  • Like 2

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Thank you all, I'll have a look.

I've watched the video and I was confirmed in the way like I do my flightplans. I don't use simbrief, instead I'm using PFPX but that shouldn't matter. I can use two methods: either loading the plan in the welcome-screen of the sim or I put in every step into the CDU. I prefer the second method by the way. But when I have finished the inputs the FL's I see are phantasiehights at the right LSK-side in opposite to the waypoint. But it looks like as if the aircraft ignore them. If I fly at FL 360 it keeps 360, no matter what is shown in the CDU (see picture). 

So I decide either watching the flightplan with AivlaSoft (very comfortable) or I use the mathematic method (flying at FL 300 means about 90NM before landing taking as the TOD).

0319a5-1607417778.jpg

Edited by Kai-Uwe Wei