Sign in to follow this  
jimh

Reverb G2 No Sound in P3D 5.1?

Hi,

I got my G2 today.  i found setup much more difficult than my previous headsets.  I'm into P3D via WMR for Steam and have no sound at all.  I haven't see anyone else with this complaint, so it may be my fault.  The headphones do work in the Mixed Reality Portal.

I'd really appreciate if someone could advise.

Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Thanks very much, Paul.  I've got sound now.  After setting P3D sound as you suggested, I found among the start menu sound choices, "Speakers (Realtek USB2.0 Audio)".  That combination did the trick.

My G2 is replacing a Valve Index whose installation was simplicity personified, with the required sound choice clearly named for the headset.

While I'm not impressed with the installation and startup complications of WMR, the ReverbG2 itself is just amazing for comfort, lightness, and clarity.  I'm not even aware of the sweet spot, and definition is 'way ahead of the Valve Index which was pretty good itself.

Thanks Again, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

I had the same issue and am irritated that the Reverb G2 isn't listed by name in the Sound options 😠

i7-8086k OC @ 5GHz, 64Gb RAM,
GTX 1080ti 11Gb GPU, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro