Sign in to follow this  
t4murphy

Marketplace purchase in MSFS 2020

Was wondering how to purchase within MSFS marketplace. When I try to buy any payware within MSFS 2020 it fails. I purchased some sceneries for ORBX on their site with no problem but want to get the Carenado AC on marketplace.

:P Timothy Murphy

You may want to use the search function. I know I have seen issues with the market place and possible remediation before. Has something to do with logging out and back in to your MS and/or XBOX account 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Be aware. I wanted to get the KATL scenery for $19.99 from marketplace since November 18th. I clicked on Buy/Download button. It charged my credit card and never downloaded the scenery. Next day I got a message thanking me for the purchase advising me the scenery was available for download. No link or directions how to download it. I have been trying to deal with the support department. I got a case number, and I am still waiting to hear from them. I asked for a refund, but they never responded to my request. There were many suggestions where the download could be, none of them worked.

On 12/11/2020 at 4:52 PM, t4murphy said:

Was wondering how to purchase within MSFS marketplace. When I try to buy any payware within MSFS 2020 it fails. I purchased some sceneries for ORBX on their site with no problem but want to get the Carenado AC on marketplace.

Try enabling UAC, router reboot, and make sure your payment method is up to date in their Microsoft Live store.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 12/13/2020 at 2:35 AM, Hernan1 said:

Be aware. I wanted to get the KATL scenery for $19.99 from marketplace since November 18th. I clicked on Buy/Download button. It charged my credit card and never downloaded the scenery. Next day I got a message thanking me for the purchase advising me the scenery was available for download. No link or directions how to download it. I have been trying to deal with the support department. I got a case number, and I am still waiting to hear from them. I asked for a refund, but they never responded to my request. There were many suggestions where the download could be, none of them worked.

Have you tried going to Content Manager in the sim?  It should say you have the product and would be able to download.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi had  the same  problem on marketplace most items downloaded fine but 2 jet planes not, payment was taken they showed up in CONTENT MANAGER would start to download and then message said it had failed. I found my settings   IN GENERAL PAGE  ,SCROLL DOWN TO ITEM 5 DATA , THEN LOOK DOWN TO DATA BAND WIDTH USAGE LIMIT below that  SET BANDWIDTH 

TO UNLIMITED    that worked for me  its a great simulator but so complex ,i have used it from F S 98 and as i am 75 years old i wonder if i have enough years to master it.

Hope this is of use GOOD LUCK happy flying

• Like 1