Sign in to follow this  
Jammin16

Help to SODE VDGS

Hi everyone,

I would like to change my SODE VDGS, with the aircraft's stop position and I have contacted SODE about this but have never received an answer so hope there is someone here can help me? 

To edit in this I need to use SODE SDK, fine. But my question is then should I also use P3D v4 SDK?

To all readers: 

Thank you for reading and thank you for giving an answer, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Take care! 😉 🎅

Hope 2021 will be better for all 😄

Best Regards

Jammin16

On 12/16/2020 at 5:43 PM, SergioN said:

Hi buddy, download SODE placer from this link https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?wpdmpro=sode-placer-v0-4 and from this other ones you have the instructions on how to use it: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=tutorials/vdgs-workflow https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=visual-docking-guidance-system-vdgs

no SDK's needed with this tool

Hi Sergio,

Thanks, I would take a look on it. But I have get this info about SODE vdgs, If I want too edit the Aircrafts stop potision for SODE I need SDK???

My problem is when I'm taxing in to gate in e.g Fly Tampa Copenhagen, say the SODE vdgs stop when the nose of the aircraft is inside the terminal building or very close to touch the terminal building.

Best

Jammin16

You're welcome Jammin.

Aircraft stop position is also customizable through SODE placer, it's all in the links I posted. Take a look, it's not so difficult but a bit time consuming. When you edit a VDGS stop position you should place the camera outside and watch/find a light green stop bar/s and will have the possibility to set one or more in the position you like depending which AC you fly, in my case I fly the NGXu so I type "B737" in the respecting box and then you set the distance where you would like the VDGS to make you stop. Just take a read to the links. Good luck.

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

I kept it simple and when I wanted to change the stop position, or even the location of the instrument, I simply edited the xml file.  It is pretty easy to read and figure out.  No SDK required.  The Placement tool is great if you have multiple adjustments but just one or two are easier done manually.

Dan Downs KCRP

53 minutes ago, SergioN said:

You're welcome Jammin.

Aircraft stop position is also customizable through SODE placer, it's all in the links I posted. Take a look, it's not so difficult but a bit time consuming. When you edit a VDGS stop position you should place the camera outside and watch/find a light green stop bar/s and will have the possibility to set one or more in the position you like depending which AC you fly, in my case I fly the NGXu so I type "B737" in the respecting box and then you set the distance where you would like the VDGS to make you stop. Just take a read to the links. Good luck.

Okay thanks you very much, I would look on it🙂

But what about this file and folder: lib and sodeplacer.jar???

Best

Jammin16

Edited by Jammin16

Create a folder named eg.: SODE Placer and unzip SODEPlacer_v0.6.zip into it, then you should only run SODEPlacer.jar (previous java installation if you don't have already). If i remember correctly it scan for xml and bgl files and from there you go...

Sergio Naiberg

2 minutes ago, SergioN said:

Your SODE paths are correct, just press make database

Okay thanks 😉

@SergioN

Christ, That's not easy to edit the stopposition in vdgs, I have follow your link from SODE, and have done all what the guide say about the stopposition and can't stop on the new stopposition???

Can you see I did some thing wrong? https://ibb.co/kSzLBSV

Hi Jammin, as of your pic, everything seems fine, just the stop pos seems not aligned with apron markings, so... the numbers on the right of the stop pos are editable, click on them and you can fine tune them by typing the number that will align them to the stop pos.

Sergio Naiberg

16 hours ago, SergioN said:

Hej Jammin, som på dit billede virker alt i orden, bare stopposen virker ikke justeret med forklæde-markeringer, så ... tallene til højre for stopposen kan redigeres, klik på dem, og du kan finjustere dem ved at skrive det nummer, der vil justere dem til stoppos.

Thank you very much now it's work for me 😄

Best

Jammin16

• Like 1

@SergioN

Hi SergionN,

How can I chance in the vdgs in Aerosofts Tenerife and Cran Canaria Airport? Because this airports have there own vdgs there are not from SODE.

1 hour ago, Jammin16 said:

@SergioN

Hi SergionN,

How can I chance in the vdgs in Aerosofts Tenerife and Cran Canaria Airport? Because this airports have there own vdgs there are not from SODE.

Hi buddy, don't have those sceneries, but if there's no SODE xml file I do not know if you can, if you have that file, start from there, you could be able to add a VDGS from a parking stand/jetway

Sergio Naiberg