Sign in to follow this  
MO-Airlines

FO not executing actions after preflight checklist

Hello,

I have an issue with FS2CREW for the QW787 using voice control; the issue is that the FO won't execute any actions after the preflight checklist has been completed. All previous actions are performed fine, all my commands are being executed until I command the FO to execute the Before start procedure, from this point on the FO does not execute any actions anymore, neither any previous items like the preflight checklist. The system is however continuously picking up my voice commands perfectly (I can see commands in green bar).
It almost seems like the FO went on a walkaround between preflight checklist and before start procedure and never returns again (I have waited on several occasions for 30-45 mins but he won't "return").

I have been using FS2CREW for the QW787 happily for a few months now, never had this issue before until this has started bugging me since a week now. I tried several flights the last couple of days, without succes.
I thought it was time to ask for help here.

P.s. I have also recently updated to V1.3, just before the issue started, not sure if this can be connected.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Marcel Onderdelinden

Edited by MO-Airlines

si.php?name=Marcel&prefix=&surname=Onderdelinden

Hi Bryan,

Skipping the before start procedure using arrow buttons does not work, I can scroll to any other checklist/procedure but cannot command the FO to execute. As mentioned, FO has not "returned to the cockpit" in these cases, so won't take any commands.

But, I noticed the following: the issue is that I did my preflight checklists relatively late, only few minutes before departure, FO only goes on walkaround after the preflight checklist has been completed and will be still on its walkaround by the time PF timer reaches 0. Once I do command the preflight checklist well in advance, >10 minutes before PF timer reaches 0, FO will be returned by the time I command the before start procedure, and all goes well.

The issue is solved.

I also use FS2CREW for the NGXu, here the FO walkaround is linked to the PF timer so won't cause an issue if preflight checklist is done late. I don't think that's the case with FS2CREW for the QW787, meaning here the process can get "stuck".

Regards,

Marcel Onderdelinden

Edited by MO-Airlines

si.php?name=Marcel&prefix=&surname=Onderdelinden