Sign in to follow this  
Turpentine

M20R lights and FPS

If anyone at Carenado reads this, it would be very much appreciated to get an update that fixes the FPS drop when some exterior lights are turned on (mainly taxi, NAV and land). It has been confirmed by multiple users so it's not only happening on my side.

We are talking about a sizable drop of 8-10 FPS, which does not happen with any other aircraft I tested.

• Like 1

I am also going to submit a ticket. I thought it was just my simulator, but now that I notice I've only been flying the Mooney and FPS on other aircraft is largely better, I am inclined to agree that the Mooney lights drop FPS.

4 minutes ago, Nerbulus said:

I am also going to submit a ticket. I thought it was just my simulator, but now that I notice I've only been flying the Mooney and FPS on other aircraft is largely better, I am inclined to agree that the Mooney lights drop FPS.

Great! The more of us who submit, the more likely we have to get an update. Besides this issue, I'm really liking the Mooney so if this could be fixed, I'd be a very happy man.

This is what I got back from Carenado. I guess we'll just have to see what happens...

"Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback, we are going to check it and include as a fix for a future version of this aircraft.

Regards,

Carenado.

"

I've got the Mooney very recently so didn't test this specific issue yet, but I can confirm, beyond reasonable doubt, that this exact same issue happens in their PA44 for MSFS, specially when the recognition lights are turned on.

Update: Tested the Mooney quite a bit today. Can definitely confirm that there's a reduction of around 4-5 FPS when lights such as NAV, landing, taxi, recognition etc lights are turned on. 

Edited by EvidencePlz
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

Update: Tested the Mooney quite a bit today. Can definitely confirm that there's a reduction of around 4-5 FPS when lights such as NAV, landing, taxi, recognition etc lights are turned on. 

If you get the chance, submit a ticket at this link to maximize the chance we get an update:

https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Like 1