Sign in to follow this  
Malc

A320 NEO landing into the wind ?

When I make a flight plan as created by FS how can I pick the runway that will land me into the wind ? sometimes it's ok but other times if I select the first ILS choice runway I land with a tail wind. Do we get to choose or is it just luck ?

Been flying for about a month what an awesome experience the FFS is.

I thought it automatically selects the most appropriate runway with regards to the wind direction.

I've started using Simbrief now for my flight planning which seems to do a good job with the runway and routing for real weather.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

47 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

I thought it automatically selects the most appropriate runway with regards to the wind direction.

I've started using Simbrief now for my flight planning which seems to do a good job with the runway and routing for real weather.

I flew into Mumbai today and there was a tail wind, other traffic were approaching from the other direction.🧐

You can always change the Runway in the MCDU and via ATC. In MCDU klick F-Plan, then left button at destination, then "Arrival", then on runway.

When making the Flightplan prior to the flight it is wise not to chose any runway and to insert the Runway after confirmation with ATIS/METAR and ATC.

Edited by crimplene
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, crimplene said:

You can always change the Runway in the MCDU and via ATC. In MCDU klick F-Plan, then left button at destination, then "Arrival", then on runway.

When making the Flightplan prior to the flight it is wise not to chose any runway and to insert the Runway after confirmation with ATIS/METAR and ATC.

Great but as I am still learning I have yet to progress to loading the MCDU but I will get there. At one point I nearly gave up with FS2020 but I have now progressed loads and find it easier than FSX and much more enjoyable. Thanks for your response. Have a great new year 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Malc said:

Great but as I am still learning I have yet to progress to loading the MCDU but I will get there. At one point I nearly gave up with FS2020 but I have now progressed loads and find it easier than FSX and much more enjoyable. Thanks for your response. Have a great new year 

Learning all that stuff is not easy. But changing the runway should be no problem, so you can use all the ILS approaches you want. I suppose you might know this video already. A real A320 pilot explains how to do changes to the MCDU in flight.

• Like 2

I wish they would fix ATIS. Half the time it tells me the wrong runway is active.