Sign in to follow this  
Querflieger

Switching between EA and ASCA

Hey fellow pilots,

im am using P3Dv5 with ASP3D, ASCA and Envtex. Sometimes i want to test some of the Visuals of Enhanced Atmospheric.

Now afaik if you switch EA on it automaticly disables ASCA. Regardless if it is running or not. Does this still show me proper EA or is there some sort of leftovers of ASCA stuff? Do i need to put ASCA and Envtex to a state of default (like the restore button) and than activate EA in order to have a proper setup. Or can i simply switch EA on and in later sessions off again to show me my proper ASCA-Envtex setup, without restoring.

How does Envtex performs with EA enabled. So there wont be any sky textures anymore nor any Clouds(ENVTEX) ??? But my Water and Airport Textures are still there Right ?

thank you guys Cheers...

1. EA and the legacy atmospheric system are both separated from each other. You can switch between the two on the fly as you like. ASCA, Envtex, REX, etc. all install textures into the legacy system. They don't touch EA. If you disable EA it will load the legacy system using the installed 3rd party textures, so you can switch between EA and ASCA, Envtex, etc.

Just be careful switching EA on and off several times. I fly in VR and don't know if this is true for non-VR flying as well, but when I switch it on and off too often (e. g. for testing) I will get a VRAM OOM message or a device hung error sooner or later. I therefore don't touch it on a regular flight and if I have to I try to limit switching it on and off as much as I can.

2. I don't have Envtex myself, but textures for runways, etc. from other addons such as REX will still work fine with EA enabled, so I guess it will be the same for Envtex. When you switch between EA and the legacy system it only switches atmospherics, not ground textures. Water is also not affected.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD