Sign in to follow this  
PierreFSX

VoxKey setup

When I create my profile VoxKey  requires a profile name and then you need to click browse to locate the game exe. Do I browse to the location of  Prepar3d.exe or MCE.exe? 

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

1 hour ago, PierreFSX said:

When I create my profile VoxKey  requires a profile name and then you need to click browse to locate the game exe. Do I browse to the location of  Prepar3d.exe or MCE.exe? 

Pierre

You;re supposed to tell it which game exe (in your case "Prepar3D.exe).

I suggest you delete the custom profile and just add commands to the pre-made "Prepar3D Demo.vkp"

When MCE starts, it looks up the relevant profile for the currently running sim (in this case P3D) and will make those custom commands available for speech reco.

Ok thanks I got it now 

Let's start using it. 

Last question, do you know of a library of MCE script created by users exist?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

2 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Ok thanks I got it now 

Let's start using it. 

Last question, do you know of a library of MCE script created by users exist?

Pierre

which plane?

I am looking for script for GSX jetways and Aerosoft airbus and pmdg 747

Thanks 

Pierre Nantel

10 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

I am looking for script for GSX jetways and Aerosoft airbus and pmdg 747

Thanks 

Aerosoft Airbus as well as most PMDG planes should have pre-made flows which can be modified to match any real world or virtual airline SOPs.

With PMDG 747 loaded, go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface abd click <Voxscript>

You should see them listed. The flows names are the actual trigger sentences.

If you can't see them, run the app wizard briefly. No need to go through speech training.

Windows Stat->Multi Crew EXperience->Run app wizard.

Then go to \My documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\aicraft\ folder.

There should be many folders, one per supported aircraft variant.

Open the PMDG 747 related folders and make sue you can see files there.

If you can't find any, it's very likely you did override folders permissions on <My Documents> folder. As a result, the wizard could not programmatically copy and paste files to those locations.

You would need to do that manually.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\Support\Files\VoiceScipts\Copilot\Aircraft\    (these are the backup flows in case you damage the active ones)

Copy all folders found inside <Aircraft> folder and paste them to \My documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\aircraft\ folder.

They should then appear in MCE UI. Let me know otherwise

There are no specific flows for GSX. Just be creative and do your thing as you see fit.

For example, you could create a custom trigger sentence like, "ramp agent please make sure we have all we need before departure" (please use any sentence that comes to you naturally. Not this specific command).

Create a command in Voxkey to toggle the Jetway as there is no built-in one. Whatever command to trigger (CTRL+J). Say "toggle jetway"

Then as part of the flow...have these separate commands to request ground services.

toggle jetway   (or the specific custom command you made for jetway)

pause=60

ramp agent we need catering

pause=120

ramp agent requesting fuel

pause=120

pause=120

pause=120

ramp agent request boading

Many thanks Gerald,

I just realized that I was using 2017 script, so I copied the new ones and I did change the permission on My documents. In your example you write " ramp agent request boarding" do you know if there is a "ramp agent connect jetway"  or I have to do:

1 create two Voxkey:

Open GSX menu

CTRL+F12 (keystroke)

and 

Option 6 (operate Jetways in GSX menu)

(keystroke)

Then I can create flow call "connect jetway"

open GSX menu

Pause 10

Option 6

Those this make sense?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

37 minutes ago, PierreFSX said:

Many thanks Gerald,

I just realized that I was using 2017 script, so I copied the new ones and I did change the permission on My documents. In your example you write " ramp agent request boarding" do you know if there is a "ramp agent connect jetway"  or I have to do:

1 create two Voxkey:

Open GSX menu

CTRL+F12 (keystroke)

and 

Option 6 (operate Jetways in GSX menu)

(keystroke)

Then I can create flow call "connect jetway"

open GSX menu

Pause 10

Option 6

Those this make sense?

Pierre

Yes, can do that. It'a another way to do it.

This is very powerful tool, 

Last thing, if I want my flow Connect Jetway to work with every plane, do I save it in mechanic? Is there a folder that is generic to all plane? Or I have to copy my flow into every aircraft folder?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

Sorry me again,

I am currently using VoxKey 

my profile is prepar3d demo

applied to prepar3d.exe

command count :7

Status active

I have created my two voice command "open gsx menu" and "option six" but when I go to view I only see "option 6" and not "open gsx menu" when I hit prev or next. I can see 7 command. If I try to create "open gsx menu" again I am told -the command already exists in profile. 

I must be doing something wrong?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

34 minutes ago, PierreFSX said:

This is very powerful tool, 

Last thing, if I want my flow Connect Jetway to work with every plane, do I save it in mechanic? Is there a folder that is generic to all plane? Or I have to copy my flow into every aircraft folder?

Pierre

Anything you want to apply across all planes, put inside <All> folder

\My documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\aircraft\All\

By the way, this is why we don't always bother providing pre-made scripts. Since this is aimed at real world pilots or serious flight simmers, the assumption is that no 2 users will have the exact same crew experience. You do the task sharing as per your real world or virtual airline SOPs.

No arguing about why FO is handling  seat belt sign or external lights and not you 🙂 You decide who does what.

4 minutes ago, PierreFSX said:

Sorry me again,

I am currently using VoxKey 

my profile is prepar3d demo

applied to prepar3d.exe

command count :7

Status active

I have created my two voice command "open gsx menu" and "option six" but when I go to view I only see "option 6" and not "open gsx menu" when I hit prev or next. I can see 7 command. If I try to create "open gsx menu" again I am told -the command already exists in profile. 

I must be doing something wrong?

Pierre

I hope it's not connected to the issue related to <My documents> folder permissions, like Voxkey denied to perform operations on the file.

Eventually, send "Prepar3D Demo.vkp" to support  to see whether the same error comes up.

I have created a new profile call prepar3d and now it seems to work find

Pierre

Pierre Nantel