Sign in to follow this  
avaition enthusiast

Ils landing acting strange

Hi there,

Today I decided to do an ils autoland. I takeoff from Dublin and head to EGSS, London stansted. I have no ifr, I was using the gps and set up a route at the gate while I was preparing other stuff. When it was coming near to the landing I start to descend and then I choose the runway. I chose ils 23, vector, and I think the pink line appears on the other runway( runway 5, but I'm not sure), and then 2 lines that look like circles come up and I ignore it, then I set up my ils, my radio nav 1 frequency and my course. I changed the gps switch to nav and the aircraft starts to change direction, the diamond appears and then disappears and the plane doesn't line up with the pink line and instead follows the white line with the two circles and then goes around the airport in a circle. I then try the same for runway 5 , but the plane refuses to follow the pink line and line up with it. The same results happen ils diamonds, where they appear and then disappear. Making it impossible to tell when to hit approach.

I used a 737 max 10 freeware addon. Tui.

I changed the callouts in the panel.cfg because it was using an old version of rcgb callouts.

Any help would be appreciated as to why that happened. 

Thanks.

Looking at Stansted's approach charts it appears that both rwy23 and 05 have the same ILS frequency  of 110.5 but with different identifiers. This might be the cause of the issue - I don't know if fsx requires different freqs. for different runways....:unsure:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Generally, ILSs at the opposite end of runways work OK in FS (a few don't), but it is best to modify them to turn off the backcourse which is usually "on" by default.. You are also likely to receive the wrong ILS signal before the proper one because it is nearer, so comes into range sooner. If you turn on the ID on the NAV1 radio you can wait to engage the autopilot until you have the correct ID.

John

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org