Sign in to follow this  
Frank STY

Some weather issues in P3D V5.1 HF1

Hi all,

There's some weather issues I found in my p3d v5.1 HF1 with Activesky P3D v7668.

First, there's no fog in night. Even the visibility is very low, I could get a clear wx in night. And there's no fog. 

Second, the snow is invisible. 

Third, I could not see the wet effect in windshield in pmdg 747 or 737. I have enabled windshield effect in p3d settings.

Hopefully you could give me some suggestions.

8 minutes ago, Frank STY said:

Hi all,

There's some weather issues I found in my p3d v5.1 HF1 with Activesky P3D v7668.

First, there's no fog in night. Even the visibility is very low, I could get a clear wx in night. And there's no fog. 

Second, the snow is invisible. 

Third, I could not see the wet effect in windshield in pmdg 747 or 737. I have enabled windshield effect in p3d settings.

Hopefully you could give me some suggestions.

Never noticed the missing fog at night, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Yes, heavy snow is missing. Try setting the weather to the "winter wonderland" option and see if light flurries are working for you. They do for me.

Wet windshield does work on my NGXu. It stopped working once, and I found a PMDG log file that indicated a problem. A reinstall fixed it. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

one reason why I am flying with EA off is because I find the weather including snow/rain to be more accurate.  Sometimes it looks worse than EA on, and sometimes it looks better.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Never noticed the missing fog at night, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Yes, heavy snow is missing. Try setting the weather to the "winter wonderland" option and see if light flurries are working for you. They do for me.

Wet windshield does work on my NGXu. It stopped working once, and I found a PMDG log file that indicated a problem. A reinstall fixed it. 

Hi,

So you reinstalled the pmdg and the windshield effect worked well.

1 hour ago, Frank STY said:

Hi,

So you reinstalled the pmdg and the windshield effect worked well.

Yes, but as I said it wasn't a guess. I looked at the rainmaker_log.txt in the PMDG folder under the main P3Dv5 folder. It clearly stated that it could not load the rainmaker system.

As always, check the logs before trying any fixes.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440