Sign in to follow this  
christb

MSAO

Wondering what I'm doing wrong, have been a P3D4AO user for some time, previously.

I just downloaded and installed MSAO to give it a try, already have msfs addonsLinker.

When I opened MSAO and tried to move my RealSimGear folder out of the community folder, as per instructions, It only copied the bin folder from the RealSimGear folder to the desired location, the RealSimGear folder remains in the community folder.

Would the msfs addonLinker be stopping the move.

Sorry, just realized this should have been in the Lorby freeware category.

Edited by christb
should have posted this in Lorby freeware category

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

2 hours ago, christb said:

the RealSimGear folder remains in the community folder

Are you sure that you are not looking at the Junction? The only difference between a junction and a real folder is the little arrow symbol on the lower left of the folder icon in Windows explorer.

I'm not sure about what use case you are applying, but MSAO is not "moving out" in the sense that the addon is no longer there. It moves the files to a different location and then creates a junction to point at them. If you want to remove an addon completely, use the Commuity Backup option on the "Sim Update" tab. That actually moves the assets out/away from the Community folder.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Oh, OK.

I thought the whole folder got moved, will go with your recommendation then. Thank you

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.