Sign in to follow this  
earthdog

Error downloading or reading wind data: connection timed out

Starting today i am getting this message. Is it something on my end that i could do?

image.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Yep. Cannot do much about it.

Edit: Disable the wind source in the weather menu to get rid of the messages until they're online again.

Alex

grafik.png

Edited by albar965
  • Like 1

Hello Alex,

Windsource is deactivated, but I get error messages despite this.

XLITcfu.jpg

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, guenseli said:

Windsource is deactivated, but I get error messages despite this.

Should not happen. You're sure wind is deactivated and not airport weather?

Anyway. The service seems to be back again.

Alex

Hello Alex.  Thank you for a fantastic program.  I cannot fly without it.  I received the same error message a couple days ago but now it is not showing up when doing the test connection for the winds in LNM.  It happened after I had purchased and installed Rex Weather Force for MSFS 2020.  In the Weather Force program, there is a note about what wind source they use.  It doesn't seem to be the NOAA source, but i dont recall it offhand.  I disabled the slider to send info from Weather Force to other programs, and will see if this cures the popup.  Perhaps it had something to do with the winds "interchange" between Weather Force and LNM?  Maybe incompatible file?  I will continue to monitor and let you know if the message recurs.  If you figure out what is going on, please let me know.  Anyway, great job on super useful program.  You make the Flight Sim community better with it!

Mike H.

Mike Hamilton

@mhamilto Hi Mike,

seems NOAA (to be more precise NOMADS) is offline again. The download is completely independent of other weather programs like Rex Weather Force. It should not interchange since LNM uses its own files. Hope this will get more stable soon.

Disable the wind source in the weather menu to get rid of the message.

And thank you for the kind words!

Alex

Thank you, Alex.  Keep up the great work.  LNM is the best map program there is for flight simmers!  It is great for showing learners on the flight sim programs where they are on the map.  Let alone all the great aviation-related functions you have built into it.   Keep the updates coming.  Thanks again.  Mike

Mike Hamilton