Sign in to follow this  
who4ever

FS2020 Just Won't Start

I downloaded and installed the standard version, from the MS Store, onto a newly purchased 1TB SSD hard drive I bought just for this.  I open the program in the start menu.  I allow the MS Store Package Dependency Installer to make changes. Now it crawls at a snails pace.  I get the warning that my system does not meet requirements and there may be errors.  OK it. I get the X Box, OSOBO , Blacksnake and copyright windows.  Get up to Welcome Set Your Experience.  In a sub window, it checks for updates.  This is where it happens. I get up to New Scenery, with the blue bar at the bottom half way across and then it just shuts off.  I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again and actually its worse than the first time.  The first time I at least got up to a window where it wanted me to set some preferences but I don't reach there anymore.  Yes, I know, my Graphics card is below the requirements, but I would have at least thought the program would load and run, just with poor graphics.  If I wasn't happy, then I would look into a new card.  But I would hate to sink a few hundred dollars into a card and it still doesn't work.  Is there anything I can do?

Thanks, Dave

You could try reducing your connection speed, sometimes that fixes that problem for me. At reduced speed the update can complete and not get stuck in a loop.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

12 minutes ago, who4ever said:

May I ask how that is done?  And thanks.  Dave

you may limit the bandwidth allocated to MSFS via Options --> General --> Data

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

17 hours ago, who4ever said:

I downloaded and installed the standard version, from the MS Store, onto a newly purchased 1TB SSD hard drive I bought just for this.  I open the program in the start menu.  I allow the MS Store Package Dependency Installer to make changes. Now it crawls at a snails pace.  I get the warning that my system does not meet requirements and there may be errors.  OK it. I get the X Box, OSOBO , Blacksnake and copyright windows.  Get up to Welcome Set Your Experience.  In a sub window, it checks for updates.  This is where it happens. I get up to New Scenery, with the blue bar at the bottom half way across and then it just shuts off.  I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again and actually its worse than the first time.  The first time I at least got up to a window where it wanted me to set some preferences but I don't reach there anymore.  Yes, I know, my Graphics card is below the requirements, but I would have at least thought the program would load and run, just with poor graphics.  If I wasn't happy, then I would look into a new card.  But I would hate to sink a few hundred dollars into a card and it still doesn't work.  Is there anything I can do?

Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave, be sure you're signed into the Xbox App and the Microsoft Store w/ the same credentials as for MSFS.

Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X