Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

REVIEW: UK2000 Glasgow

Likewise, I'm still holding back, and that's frustrating as Gary is the only one developing airports relatively local to me until Orbx hopefully get round to it. I'd love to support someone who has spent years covering areas others won't bother with, but I just can't justify it right now.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Depending what part of the UK you're after I'm not sure sure if you checked out Burning Blue  Design.

https://burningbluedesign.com/

I have both Headcorn and Lydd, absolutely love Headcorn, both are fun with the spitfire too.

I haven't picked up his latest Farnborough though and the reason for that is simply the price, it's an extra 6 pounds which doesn't sound like much but it puts that airport over $30 AUD and at that price point it's somewhat hard to justify compared to other airports I'm interested in that on an average cost $10 less and it's not like I'm short of UK airports to fly into atm.  The exchange rate here is the problem more than the price set by the dev I suppose but it is what it is.  You may not suffer the exchange rate issue of course and from a quality point of view I don't think you can go wrong.

Thanks for the tip.

Raised an eyebrow at this: "we are extremely confident in saying that Farnborough is the most detailed Airport as yet released by any developer for Microsoft Flight Simulator". Not sure I would agree with that on the basis of their promotional material. Perhaps you need to be there.