Sign in to follow this  
Bray

AI airplanes crashing or disappearing

Yesterday, during a flight from Miami to Tampa, i again saw a Boing 737-800 crash while trying to land... nowhere.ATC called in to report traffic in sight 11 'o clock at 1000 feet (i was cruising along in a Beach Baron 58 at 4000 feet).I looked in the 11 'o clock direction and found the Boeing (thx to labels) but i also noticed that he was decending. So i followed it a bit since there was no airport nearby and the plane therefore could not be on finals. It decended lower and finaly crashed.Also, i notice that a lot of planes who are given a "go around" (this happens way way to much) indeed go around, re-enter the pattern but then dissapear out of the sky suddenly.Seems there is a lot to do on the AI traffic part...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have seen AI planes disappear right in front of me on the taxiway while waiting at the runway to take off. We were there a good 10+ minutes as planes were landing one after the other. The plane that disappeared was next in line and I never got the clearance to use the runway after that.

These AI behave in some strange ways. I know if they dont depart or arrive within a certain window they will vanish..poof. I think this was introduced in FS9 when users complained about long waits for departures, so MS decided to poof them. Would have been nice if the logistics were improved to allow for better sequencing and spacing but thats another storyAs for crashing AI I have seen them in FS9 a lot. None yet in FSX. I used to see AI land short of a runway, borough underground and resurface at the end of the runway. Never been able to understand that :-)Cant tell you how many times I have been whacked out of the air on finalMakes for excitement for sureBill