Sign in to follow this  
GaryK

Bush Trips, Night Flights.

14 hours ago, DylanM said:

Never thought I'd enjoy the bush trips as much as I do. A future wishlist item would be if there was changeable weather in certain legs (preset like the landing challenges so everyone has the same experience).

Yeah, this would be great. I believe the best that can be done at the moment is to allow the weather to be selectable by the user, and let them change on a leg-by-leg basis. If you set the weather (like the time of day), it remains the same for all legs of the trip.

13 hours ago, enright said:

I wonder if user-created bush trips are possible at some point with the SDK? So much potential - one of the things I love about this version of FS.

There are lots available over on flightsim dot to. If you navigate to Third Party -> Bush Trips. They are of variable quality, some are merely flight plans, but there are several that are rescue missions and the like, and several that add a lot of detail about the areas you are passing through, tell an occasional yarn etc.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:41 PM, michaelst7 said:

Enright... there ARE 3rd party Bush Trip planners.  

See this link for an instructional video:

Create your Own Bush Trip

Holy cow - cool. I had just assumed it wasn't possible yet since there weren't any in the marketplace. Checking that out now..

On 2/13/2021 at 5:19 AM, Pedro__ said:

There are lots available over on flightsim dot to. If you navigate to Third Party -> Bush Trips. They are of variable quality, some are merely flight plans, but there are several that are rescue missions and the like, and several that add a lot of detail about the areas you are passing through, tell an occasional yarn etc.

Neat - I had no idea these existed - and some do look really well thought through and produced. Asobo might want to consider adding a section for bush trips in the marketplace, although I could see how the volume of projects to vet might come overwhelming. 

Thanks for the tip!

On 2/12/2021 at 6:16 PM, Pedro__ said:

Gary, 

Bush trips start every leg at the same time, no matter how long it takes to complete. So if you start leg 1 at 10.30, leg 2 will also start at 10.30. Try it out.

The one you had issues with - was it the Balkans one? A few legs into that, the time zone changes, maybe when you get to Albania, and what was already a dawn start becomes an hour ‘earlier’. But that was still daylight for me so there might be something up with your setup all right. 

Can you see what time leg 2 of the Patagonia one starts? 

Checked it out and no, my leg times are starting at odd times. Yes, I was doing the Balkan trip. Did a few legs in the daytime yesterday and left the plane on the runway in daylight. Re booted the trip today and I'm in the dark at 17.30.

I've found that if I start the trip on the previous leg (I.E. re-fly the last leg) it puts me back in daylight.....so I've found a workaround. Just means when the problem occurs I have to fly some legs twice. 

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

7 hours ago, enright said:

Holy cow - cool. I had just assumed it wasn't possible yet since there weren't any in the marketplace. Checking that out now..

Probably because everyone would be saying "I am not paying for a Bush Trip it should be free" - we are an entitled lot .

There are paid bush trips available direct from developers. Example:

https://www.aerosoft.com/us/microsoft-flight-simulator/msfs-tools/3273/perfect-flight-bush-trip-the-alps-msfs

Some marketplace addon aircraft do come with bonus Bush trips. Example:

The Jabiru has several.

Also there are quite a few freeware ones for download. Example:

https://flightsim.to/file/4445/new-zealand-bush-adventure

You can reset the weather and time of day in a bush trip. This is from the Central Idaho Bush Trip payware, but the same principle applies to any bush trip. You have to change one tiny part in either two or three files (using notepad). The 3rd file (if present) is the 'autosave' file. The bottom part of the text shows how to avoid having an autosave file, you still must text edit the other two files.

=============================

- This bush trip was crafted around weather events and time of day. Unfortunatly, as of now there is no way to have these load by default in the legs, so you will need to set the time/date/and weather yourself once you are in your plane and before taking off. *Important* Set time before setting date. If you change the time, it will revert back to the default date and not be editable again.

The weather instructions are in the NavLog as well as a file in this package titled weather.txt

- If you have a high cap on your internet usage, I HIGHLY recommend turning on the "Bing Data World Graphics" setting in the Data options menu. It makes the entire world look much better,
but where it especially shines is is showing remote bush landing strips. Before I had turned it on, I could barely see the strips, but with this option on, it's a night and day difference.

WEATHER BUG FIX

- There appears to be some strange behavior with the autosave functionality. If you crash or leave the bush trip to come back to later,
your ability to edit weather while flying disappears. If this happens, follow these steps.

-Shut down MSFS
     -Open both CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE.flt and CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE_0001.flt (or whichever leg was your last completed) from your Activities folder.
       This should be located at C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES\CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE
     -If you have a folder in that directory called AUTOSAVE, open the CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_AUTOSAVE.flt file as well.
     - In all of the open .flt files, change the Weather section to only include two items. It should look like this:
           [Weather]
      UseLiveWeather=True
      WeatherCanBeLive=True

-Save all files.
     -Open MSFS and load the Central Idaho Bush Trip.
     -You should now see the weather icon in the top menu while in flight. If you don't, repeat the steps above and restart MSFS.
      *Important* Set time before setting date. If you change the time, it will revert back to the default date and may not be editable again.
      *For future legs, If you plan on leaving the bush trip for a while, after landing, make sure to click the button to start the next leg. This step should eliminate the need to edit the AUTOSAVE.flt file. You should only have to edit the two .flt files in the MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES\ folder listed above.
       CHANGE PLANES

-Shut down MSFS
     -Open both CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE.flt and CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE_0001.flt (or whichever leg was your last completed) from your Activities folder.
       This should be located at C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES\CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE
     -If you have a folder in that directory called AUTOSAVE, open the CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_AUTOSAVE as well.
     -Open the centralidahobushtrip.flt file in the centralidahobushtrip package in the Community folder
     - In all of the open .flt files, change the plane in the below section
                   [Sim.0]
          Sim=Asobo XCub

- If you are unsure of what the plane text should be, start a free flight with the plane of your choice and save the .flt file somewhere on your hard drive. Open it and find the above      section and copy the name of the plane you want to use.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have found  what works for  me is exit the bush trip which is starting at night or the nav is empty. Load the previous leg then exit and go back to the current one.