Sign in to follow this  
GaryK

Bush Trips, Night Flights.

Currently doing a Bush Trip. I did the first couple of legs OK but now it's night time? I can't land at the next airstrip because it's unlit. I've tried it in local daylight time but the sim is still in darkness. There appears to be no way of adjusting the time during a bush trip......as it stands this bush trip is un-doable.
I've worked out how to reset the trip but how do I stop it happening again? Are there any work arounds that don't destroy the log data? 

Cheers
Gary.

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

Ebable developer mode,there you can adjust the time of the day. I don't Remember if you are able to adjust day/month,  would be very useful if you want to do Bush trips in Winter times in the northern emisphere e.g. Alaska...

• Like 1

Thanks Mamu.
 I'd found that work around but apparently (Correct me if I'm wrong) it wipes the Log data/achievements. If that is the case I might as well set the flight up in the conventional way and not bother with Bush Trips.

Thanks again.

Edited by GaryK

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

Do the flights during the day. No one flies to unlit Airport at night unless you have night vision glasses 

43 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Do the flights during the day. No one flies to unlit Airport at night unless you have night vision glasses 

To Reiterate:

Started bush trip in the day.
4th leg became night.
Can't land at unlit airport.
No way to change time of day in bush trip unless I'm prepared to wipe log data/achievements by using Dev mode.
Tried it at different times of my day....still night time sim wise.
Post query on avsim forum.
Take a pee.
Might as well set the flight up conventionally.

🙂

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Or you’re running contraband in the 70s and 80s 😎

• Like 3

😅

There's a good game. Might be doable,  get elevation data from world map and land using gps map......Be handy if I could get the ground crew to illuminate the runway by dropping their pants and setting light to F**ts.

If your flying time exceeds the bush trips estimate, take short cuts.  You are only required to take off, and land at designated places.  You do NOT have to fly over every Point of Interest (POI) on the prescribed route.  Like in the Patagonia Bush trip, there are many times you are routed around lakes, keeping to the edges. There is one leg that is timed to 35 minutes, but if you just go over the mountains, it's a 10 minute flight. and you get the same completion as if you did the whole route. 

• Like 1

Asus Z590 P, Intel i7 10700k, 64gb RAM(3200), nVidia RTX 4070 FE,  Windows 10 (21H1), 2tb M.2 nvme ssd,

Samsung QN43QN90BA 43" 4K@120hz, Bose Companion 5 speakers, Velocity One Flight Yoke/Quad.

Thanks for that Michael.

I am now thinking that I have a problem with my setup as plenty of folk have completed these bush trips but from my perspective they seem un-doable.

I just started the Patagonia bush trip. 

I hit the start button and the aircraft is on the runway and the yellow "Ready to Fly" button is in the bottom right of the screen.

In the bottom left of the screen there is a window displaying various info, amongst other things it says the time is 10.28 or 13.28 UTC.......Good, I've got some time.

I finished the first leg and the log report that comes up between legs (Ooo  er) says I took off at 16.41 and landed 17.05.....now I've got very little time and there's bound to be some unlit airports on route.

I haven't got a clue how this is happening, maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Gary, 

Bush trips start every leg at the same time, no matter how long it takes to complete. So if you start leg 1 at 10.30, leg 2 will also start at 10.30. Try it out.

The one you had issues with - was it the Balkans one? A few legs into that, the time zone changes, maybe when you get to Albania, and what was already a dawn start becomes an hour ‘earlier’. But that was still daylight for me so there might be something up with your setup all right. 

Can you see what time leg 2 of the Patagonia one starts? 

• Like 2

Thanks Pedro,
      I'll give it a go tomorrow.

To back up Pedro what Pedro said - I've done all the bush trips, and the general time of day did not change over the entire course of the trip. None of the legs came anywhere close to sunset - but I did them in one or two legs per session - so I do think the time was resetting each time you loaded a leg. Worse case, you should be able to restart your current leg and get back to daytime. Restarting a leg does not affect your achievement progress. 

BTW - It's 100% worth the effort - all of the bush trips are great, but Patagonia is especially breathtaking. It wasn't on my bucket list of places to go before, but now it's near the top. 

One final tip: watch your fuel level. It does NOT reset after each leg - and you'll usually run out after leg 4 or 5 if you are not careful. CTRL-R will refuel anytime (even midair) but you can pull into the fuel area an any airport before hitting it if you are going for realism :).

Enjoy

• Like 1

Never thought I'd enjoy the bush trips as much as I do. A future wishlist item would be if there was changeable weather in certain legs (preset like the landing challenges so everyone has the same experience).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DylanM said:

Never thought I'd enjoy the bush trips as much as I do. A future wishlist item would be if there was changeable weather in certain legs (preset like the landing challenges so everyone has the same experience).

100% agree. I bit more of a "story" would also go a long way - e.g. you are delivering a vaccine to some remote locations, which is why you are willing to risk flying through a squall line. The story could simply be weaved into the navigation logbook. Deteriorating conditions would be even better - I think the weather engine supports automatically evolving a front based on initial conditions. Alternatively, the bush-trip author could just set the static conditions for each leg individually to simulate worsening conditions. 

I wonder if user-created bush trips are possible at some point with the SDK? So much potential - one of the things I love about this version of FS.

• Like 2

Enright... there ARE 3rd party Bush Trip planners.  

See this link for an instructional video:

Create your Own Bush Trip

Asus Z590 P, Intel i7 10700k, 64gb RAM(3200), nVidia RTX 4070 FE,  Windows 10 (21H1), 2tb M.2 nvme ssd,

Samsung QN43QN90BA 43" 4K@120hz, Bose Companion 5 speakers, Velocity One Flight Yoke/Quad.