Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

QOTS II not moving

After push back, my 744 disconnects from the GSX tug but subsequently will not move. If I reload it, it will work normally.

It would seem as if the release signal from GSX is not being interpreted correctly by the 747.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a work-around?

(Brakes are released, chocks are away and there is no failure registered).

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I've been seeing this for a long time now and have unfortunately never found a permanent solution. What I do have is a workaround: a quick full application of the brakes before taxiing always releases them for me and I can taxi normally after that. Give it a shot!

Walter Meier

13 hours ago, wsmeier said:

I've been seeing this for a long time now and have unfortunately never found a permanent solution. What I do have is a workaround: a quick full application of the brakes before taxiing always releases them for me and I can taxi normally after that. Give it a shot!

Walter, Just to clarify: you sit at the gate and then get pushed back. Once you are in position you set the parking brakes. When do you apply the brakes? Before releasing the parking brakes or after?

I tried after and it did nothing.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, IanHarrison said:

Before releasing the parking brakes or after?

Right after releasing the parking brakes, if I notice that the airplane won't move, I fully apply the brakes for a second, and that breaks it free for me. It's a shame that isn't working for you. We probably don't have the exact same problem, though it sure seems similar.

Walter Meier

So this happened to me yesterday and reading on the forums, if you unbind your rudders to the axis steering pin ( i think its called ) hit save, then go back and rebind it to you rudders, it fixes the issue, but you might have the issue again next flight. Its the only workaround I know.

Mya Namerz