Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

L-1011 AI package not being detected by AILRPro

I've installed dozens of AI models to my existing FLAi folder which is outside my P3Dv5 folder and located in C:\Users\Dan M\Documents\FLAi. I've never had AILRPro not detect planes I have added as long as they are P3Dv4/5 compatible. If I did have an issue I followed your instructions about restore, move, scan, restore scan, etc. The package the Dee Waldron L-1011 package with the P3Dv4 model update. I added the planes and vPilot sees them correctly and I even tested the model match rules for them and they check out great. I just can't get them to detect but I can add new AI and they detect fine. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

13 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I've installed dozens of AI models to my existing FLAi folder which is outside my P3Dv5 folder and located in C:\Users\Dan M\Documents\FLAi. I've never had AILRPro not detect planes I have added as long as they are P3Dv4/5 compatible. If I did have an issue I followed your instructions about restore, move, scan, restore scan, etc. The package the Dee Waldron L-1011 package with the P3Dv4 model update. I added the planes and vPilot sees them correctly and I even tested the model match rules for them and they check out great. I just can't get them to detect but I can add new AI and they detect fine. 

Hi Wise,

I don't know this AI package and how you are installing it. However AILRP requires any AI package to be installed using the add-on.xml method as per P3D SDK guidelines. I wrote a guide about how to do this here:https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/560945-how-to-move-custom-ai-models-outside-the-sim/

Regards,

S.

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Wise,

I don't know this AI package and how you are installing it. However AILRP requires any AI package to be installed using the add-on.xml method as per P3D SDK guidelines. I wrote a guide about how to do this here:https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/560945-how-to-move-custom-ai-models-outside-the-sim/

Regards,

S.

I am using the add-on.xml. I show where my FLAi is located which is outside the P3D folder and I mention that all other planes and planes I have added work fine. I managed to get the lights to work even though AILRP doesn't detect that L-1011. I simply went into the aircraft.cfg and changed the default fx lights to the AILRP ones. Later that evening I added a 4 more new AI packages for GA aircraft and AILRP detected them just fine during the scan. 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Hi Wise,

This is not a good solution because effects are generated automatically depending the type of aircraft and other important elements. Can you check if this AI model has a panel folder? if so this might be the cause why is being skipped as AI models are not supposed to have panels..

Regards,

S.

Edited by simbol

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Hi Wise,

This is not a good solution because effects are generated automatically depending the type of aircraft and other important elements. Can you check if this AI model has a panel folder? if so this might be the cause why is being skipped as AI models are not supposed to have panels..

Regards,

S.

That was it. The panel config got past me. Thanks for the suggestion as always. 

Dan

• Upvote 1

Dan