Sign in to follow this  
gaab

AxisAndOhs

Hi Oliver,

I am tempted by your AAO. the Demo is awesome 🙂

I am wondering if it could be possible to

- have one Throttle Axis activating two axis of P3D at the same time. A kind of "Assign combo", but without the need of a ComboKey ...

- I have the Alpha and Bravo honeycomb devices. It would be perfect if the profiles could be included in the AAO aircraft settings and activated at aircraft selection.
This would need only to copy the named profiles in the driver folder. (fixed names AFC_Yoke_Config and BFC_Throttle_Config).

Cheers

Gérard

Edited by gaab

17 hours ago, gaab said:

- have one Throttle Axis activating two axis of P3D at the same time. A kind of "Assign combo", but without the need of a ComboKey ...

That is already possible. You can assign more than one "thing" to a button or lever. Just create another assignment for the second axis using the same lever.

- I have the Alpha and Bravo honeycomb devices. It would be perfect if the profiles could be included in the AAO aircraft settings and activated at aircraft selection.
This would need only to copy the named profiles in the driver folder. (fixed names AFC_Yoke_Config and BFC_Throttle_Config).

I will look into an option to call an executable from within an RPN script in AAO (= a .bat or .exe). Then you can assign a one-shot autoscript to your aircraft that triggers a certain batch file - which then does the copying.

Edit: and I did. In version 2.04 you can call an executable on your computer using the EXEC: command in an RPN script:
Examples:
„EXEC:notepad.exe“ will open Windows Notepad when you press the joystick button this script has been assigned to
„EXEC:notepad.exe,D:\myfile.txt“ will open „D:\myfile.txt“ in Notepad

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

40 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

That is already possible. You can assign more than one "thing" to a button or lever. Just create another assignment for the second axis using the same lever.

Not sure about that. This could be quite complex to implement. I will look into an option to call an executable from within an RPN script in AAO (= a .bat or .exe). Then you can assign a one-shot autoscript to your aircraft that triggers a certain batch file - which does the copying.

Sorry, I did not get it while reading the documentation - but now it is obvious. I was confusing simulator axis with joystick axis 😞

I am not "buying" the autoscript approach - I was "dreaming" of added fields to your "aircraft database" (the profile names), which could be transmitted to a batch..

Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle will certainly become popular (once they solve their supplying issue...)

Thanks for your answer - Gérard

Edited by gaab

14 minutes ago, gaab said:

I was "dreaming" of added fields to your "aircraft database" (the profile names), which could be transmitted to a batch..

Sorry, not going to happen any time soon. Way too hardware specific for my taste. Let alone all the effort involved with managing the paths where everything is, error handling if it is wrong, access privilege woes, and probably a dozen other things that will come up once this is in the field.

With my solution in 2.04 you have to create a batch file for each aircraft. Then you call those batches from within one-shot scripts assigned to each plane in AAO. Script like that takes all of 30 seconds to create and assign.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Because Saitek Panels, Fips or Elgato Stream Deck are not "way too hardware specific" 😉

Will check what will bring this 2.04 version...

Cheers

Gérard

6 hours ago, gaab said:

Because Saitek Panels, Fips or Elgato Stream Deck are not "way too hardware specific" 😉

No, not that kind of hardware. I mean the local computer. For this copy process to work, every file and path has either to be in exactly the same place for everyone, or the user has to supply that info. From my experiences with P4AO and MSAO, that is not a place where I go lightly.

Then again, I know nothing about how these Honeycomb devices work. Or if subsequent versions or siblings will continue to work that way. With the Saiteks that was not much of a risk, those are basically EOL... And the others, like the Elgato, don't have a specific interface in AAO. They access the generic WebAPI.

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

I know that an update is coming soon.

I will give you more details when it is released.

Thanks - Gérard

Edited by gaab

Hi Oliver,

Just a thought :

17 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

With my solution in 2.04 you have to create a batch file for each aircraft. Then you call those batches from within one-shot scripts assigned to each plane in AAO. Script like that takes all of 30 seconds to create and assign.

If this batch file (defined at global level) could access - be called with - a free format user field of the active aircraft (like a "description" on the Main Window for example), that would be a good compromise...
No responsability for AAO and could be a solution for a lot of other "strange user request" 🙂

Cheers

Gérard

Edited by gaab

2 hours ago, gaab said:

Hi Oliver,

Just a thought :

If this batch file (defined at global level) could access - be called with - a free format user field of the active aircraft (like a "description" on the Main Window for example), that would be a good compromise...
No responsability for AAO and could be a solution for a lot of other "strange user request" 🙂

Cheers

Gérard

The new EXEC: command can handle CLI parameters. I don't assume that you want to create a Homeycomb profile for each single livery of each aircraft (which would be the case if you simply insert the TITLE of the sim aircraft), but you will probably just have a handful of different profiles.  Since the autoscripts can be set to be specific for each aircraft, you supply some form of ID that designates the Honeycomb profile that you want to apply, and send that to your batch file als CLI parameter. The batch file then acts according to the ID that you sent it and copies the appropriate profile. Or you just use different batch files, which would be much simpler IMHO.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

15 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

The new EXEC: command can handle CLI parameters. I don't assume that you want to create a Homeycomb profile for each single livery of each aircraft (which would be the case if you simply insert the TITLE of the sim aircraft)

It is the reason why I was "beging" for a "user free description field".

So not even that...  😞

19 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Or you just use different batch files, which would be much simpler IMHO.

I don't agree - I am feed up multiplying the same information every where !

8 minutes ago, gaab said:

It is the reason why I was "beging" for a "user free description field".

So not even that...  😞

I'm not sure what you mean by that. How much more "user free" can a simple text box be where you can enter whatever you want? What does it matter if you type it into the autoscript that is assigned to the aircraft or somewhere else in AAO? 

I'm sorry, but I am getting the impression that I have not understood - at all - what you want to do. 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

...so here is what I understood and what has been implemented in 2.04:

Requirement: With the Honeycomb hardware the user can apply different profiles that make the hardware work in a specific way. These profiles are saved in files. AAO should copy a specific profile file to the Honeycomb active directory when a plane is loaded in the sim.

What has been implemented:

- It has always been possible to assign scripts to an aircraft so they are automatically executed when the aircraft is loaded in the sim
- The script logic has been expanded to make it possible to call batch or exe files from within an AAO script

What the user needs to do:

- Create the Honeycomb profiles with the Honeycomb software. For example one "AirlinerProfile.xml". (disclaimer: I haven't got the faintest idea how this is done and what the files are called. I am just assuming stuff here)
- Create a batch file that knows how to copy a Honeycomb profile into the active HC directory, and that expects the profile file name as command line parameter. Let us call it "C:\Users\me\Documents\hccopy.bat"
- Create a script group in AAO called "HomeycombProfiles"
- Create a script in AAO for each Honeycomb profile that he wishes to be copied automatically. Example: "LoadAirlinerProfile" as "EXEC:C:\Users\me\Documents\hccopy.bat,AirlinerProfile.xml"
- Assign this script as a one-shot autoscript to every aircraft that you want to use it with. This can be done at any time, whenever a plane is first used

What will happen in the end:

When the user loads the plane in the sim, AAO will trigger the assigned autoscript, which will in turn trigger the batch file with the "AirlinerProfile.xml" as parameter. The batch script then copies the file to the active Honeycomb directory. Another aircraft can have a different autoscript calling a different profile. And so on and so forth...

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver.

I did not saw it that way, but I think that will answer to the objective 🙂

Cheers

Gérard

@Lorby_SI

Oliver- was there any capacity to look at saving window positions and checking for available vs. current version #s?

Ta- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

29 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

@Lorby_SI

Oliver- was there any capacity to look at saving window positions and checking for available vs. current version #s?

Ta- C

Hello Carl,

saving window positions: The 2.03 should already do that. Did I miss one?

Checking available vs. current version is not possible, sorry. I can't afford a 24x7 server if I have to pay for it with the Lorby-SI proceedings. Besides, even if I did, I don't get feedback from JustFlight when exactly a version has been deployed to the shop, so I may end up sending customers on a fools errand - looking for an update that is not actually there.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI