Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

Where to install add-on community aircraft?

Hi all,

I have been away from simming for like 4 months and I am coming back now. What I noticed is that the C152 Realism Mod isn't working anymore because of the patches that I've missed. So I downloaded the newest version and put it like I was used to: MSFS/Community

But the plane hasn't loaded. Then I started googling the thing and I found out that it was actually supposed to be AppData/Roaming/MSFS/Packages/Community - but that hasn't worked either for me.

Can you please tell me which is the correct folder? I am using the Steam version. TYVM 🙂

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

steam of microsoft store bough?. Mine is in a steam library  installed to an SSD  M: drive. My proper community folder is M:/MSFS/Community.

* sorry, I completely skimmed over that you have a steam install.

Edited by jimcarrel
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Yes, I though the same but the plane isn't in the sim 😞

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

try this :

1. Go to Options / General.
  2. Click on "Developers" which you will find at the bottom of the list on the left.
  3. Switch Developers Mode on.
  4. On the Dev Menu select Tools / Virtual File System.
  5. The community folder location can be found under "Watched Bases"
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomasso said:

Can you please tell me which is the correct folder? I am using the Steam version.

Edited by _Patrol
  • Like 1

It has to be the folder with / Community in the path, so, the lower one. If mod is in there and not showing there is something wrong with the folder of the offending add-on, or it conflicts with some other add-on. If your losing the "Linker" add-on, it can identify some of the problems causing the add-on not to show, i.e." can't read .jason file"

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's