Sign in to follow this  
OHN

How to avoid the VC mushh ??

Used to have that a lot but it is now fixed for me. Usually after a flight and shortly after clearing the runway it would happen to me. Good description, mushh! :-lolI do not recall the exact moment it was first fixed, but had to do with the settings and the "bluries" and having to lower my expectations. Here are some of the things I did in my fsx.cfg file...{BufferPools} (note all {} should be square brackets)PoolSize=500000 (that's right, it's half the default){Display}TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=340UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=18 {Main}FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.20{TERRAIN}LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=70MESH_RESOLUTION=20TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=24AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=1500TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1000DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=4YMMV - this is what I did and I am now at a sweet spot of 15 to 18 FPS for most flights in most situations and loving it.My PC - DELL / P4 2.8GHz / 1GB RAM / ATI 9800 PRO 128MB

What you're seeing there may be a case of vram exhaustion on your videocard. I used to get that now and then with my X850XT 256mb. Going to a 512mb Nvidia card cured it. Try reducing your ground texture and or global texture settings a notch or two. The VC textures are being forced to a lower mip level than they should be in that shot, probably due to the new terminal, gates, and AI aircraft textures coming into view and taking priority.

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest Speed

Try flying at a lower resolution or with less anti aliasing....they should free up some video ram.

Guest jcmckeown

I'm sure that's an exhaustion of video RAM on your graphics adapter. I used to get this regularly on my 128 MB GeForce 6600. Now I have upgraded to a 7600 GS 512 and I never get this problem.I have a little utility that allows you to monitor Video RAM and the blurries always occurred exactly when the video memeory was 100% used.BTW the 7600 GS 512 is a great compromise for FSX. As FSX is CPU constrained I invested in a Core Duo E6600. With the 7600 GS 512 I get 30 fps most of the time at 1280*960.Cheers,JCMK

I never got these musshies when flying a real airplane.Thank god....So maybe I will renew my PPL and say bye-bye to FSXIts just that when in my twenties I'd fly around with a plane full of girls (Piper Arrow), and now that I am in my fifties, well there just are no young girls hanging around (dont know why really ??? I suppose they all have this attitude problem ? ) so the flight sim is real as it gets in that respect... :-) i.e. ... soloal

>Its just that when in my twenties I'd fly around with a plane>full of girls (Piper Arrow), and now that I am in my fifties,>well there just are no young girls hanging around (dont know>why really ??? I suppose they all have this attitude problem ?>) so the flight sim is real as it gets in that respect... Since 9/11 it's not a good idea for anyone to "hang around" anywhere near an airport or flightline... ;(At KGYY (Chicago-Gary Intn'l Airport) anyone even near the fence will get harrassed by either airport security or local LEO. No one can even enter the local FBO's hanger without wearing a ramp pass.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Valkyrie321

Turn your Global Texture Size slider to the highest setting.

you dont avoid blurries with this setting FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.20, you create them.