Sign in to follow this  
danbaz

Folder for FBW A320NX scripts

Hi All,

I recently bought MCE and have fun playing around with it.

What I am working on is to create scripts for the FlyBWire A320NX mod.

When I created my first flow and tried to see where it was stored, I found it in C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Multi Crew Experience\MyVoiceScripts\Copilot\Aircraft\All

My intent was to create a folder for the plane myself, copy some already existing flows there and edit those to my liking. This does not work?

With the "All" folder, I am afraight if I create flows for another plane later, it will also end up in the "All" folder, which will not help in housekeeping 🙂 

How can I best accomplish what I am trying to do?

40 minutes ago, danbaz said:

Hi All,

I recently bought MCE and have fun playing around with it.

What I am working on is to create scripts for the FlyBWire A320NX mod.

When I created my first flow and tried to see where it was stored, I found it in C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Multi Crew Experience\MyVoiceScripts\Copilot\Aircraft\All

My intent was to create a folder for the plane myself, copy some already existing flows there and edit those to my liking. This does not work?

With the "All" folder, I am afraight if I create flows for another plane later, it will also end up in the "All" folder, which will not help in housekeeping 🙂 

How can I best accomplish what I am trying to do?

First, welcome aboard

Normally, when you install MCE first time, you should find pre-made flows for many supported planes, including Asobo A320. All you're expected to do is edit them to your liking so that there is no arguing about who does what.

For A320 Neo, they are expected in

\My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\Asobo_A320_NEO\

The <All> folder is intended for flows that apply to all aircraft.

Now, it's possible due to overriding of folders permissions, Windows denied the wizard creating those folders in \My Documents\ folder.

I suggest you restore MCE to factory settings.

Windows Start->Multi Crew Experience->Restore factory settings.

Next, don't run the sim and fire MCE. The app wiard should run instead. No need for speech training.

Check that the folders have been created and that you can locate folder <Asobo_A320_NEO> Should find about 20 pre-made flows for it.

You should be able to see the flows with MSFS running and the Neo loaded in the sim by going to <Command> tab and clicking <Voxscript> button.

Let me know if it's not the case.

Although in theory it's possible to edit flows in Notepad (don't use any other tool), you need to be aware of a few rules.

Simulated commands must be in lowercase and must not exceed 128 characters.

Numbers should be written in words, not digits

pack one switch on  //this is OK

pack 1 switch on //won't be recognized.

That's why it's better to edit in Voxscript interface.

Thank you very much Gerald,

I think I have found out what causes this problem. FlyByWire are offering their A32NX mod as a 'livery' version of the default Asobo A320 Neo. This could meand that both are sharing the same flows. IfThen, as the mod is more advanced than the default, the flows for the default likely will not benefit from all the available functionality of the mod. 

As a user I would like to keep the flows for both versions separated.

When this is indeed the problem, thinking about solutions, a few come to mind::

1. Ask FlyByWire to publish their A32NX as a separate aircraft. When this is possible at all, when more add-on creators do the same, the aircraft view in MSFS will become cluttered.
  2. Possibly MCE VoxScript could be extended with the option to keep flows separate based on livery for a certain aircraft. This would also enable different flows for different carriers for same aircraft type.
  3. Another option is if MCE VoxScript could have the option where the user, for a certain livery, chooses the folder where the to be used flows are stored.
  4. Lastly, the user could create subfolders for default and mod flows and copy these to the parent folder depending on which aircraft livery will be used.

When you feel/know I am wrong and I still should do the factory reset, I will certainly do so.

Thanks for a great program and support.

Daniel

Edited by danbaz
Aircraft type correction

22 hours ago, danbaz said:

Thank you very much Gerald,

I think I have found out what causes this problem. FlyByWire are offering their A32NX mod as a 'livery' version of the default Asobo A320 Neo. This could meand that both are sharing the same flows. IfThen, as the mod is more advanced than the default, the flows for the default likely will not benefit from all the available functionality of the mod. 

As a user I would like to keep the flows for both versions separated.

When this is indeed the problem, thinking about solutions, a few come to mind::

1. Ask FlyByWire to publish their A32NX as a separate aircraft. When this is possible at all, when more add-on creators do the same, the aircraft view in MSFS will become cluttered.
  2. Possibly MCE VoxScript could be extended with the option to keep flows separate based on livery for a certain aircraft. This would also enable different flows for different carriers for same aircraft type.
  3. Another option is if MCE VoxScript could have the option where the user, for a certain livery, chooses the folder where the to be used flows are stored.
  4. Lastly, the user could create subfolders for default and mod flows and copy these to the parent folder depending on which aircraft livery will be used.

When you feel/know I am wrong and I still should do the factory reset, I will certainly do so.

Thanks for a great program and support.

Daniel

You're welcome.

Agree, the FlyByWire mod should ship as a separate aircraft as it's currently a mess to support one aircraft that may or may not have the mod.

I could say "we will be looking at it" just to sound nice and never deliver thereafter. Unfortunately (or fortunately), there are so many supported complex planes right now that it would really be a pain to manage them by livery. Significant parts of the software would need to be re-written. We aren't talking about fixing a switch that Fo no longer manipulates as expected on plane P1 or P2.

There are specific folders for variants, say <PMDG 737-800> vs <PMDG 737-900> or Freighters etc..

Only checklists are assigned per livery because different airlines could have slightly diferent checklists and we want users to train using their own.

I suggest you make 2 folders somewhere and have them host specific flows. Then before flight simming, copy the releant flows to <Asobo A320...> folder.

Thanks,

Option 4 it will be then. 

FlyByWire says this on their discord, about why they ship as a livery:

Where is the plane in-sim? The mod is an improvement of the default, so there isn't a second A320 model with the mod installed.

Hi,

Just wondering if MCE currently supports the FlyByWire mod now that it has been officially forked as a stand-alone aircraft that is separate to Asobo’s A320?

On 4/9/2021 at 11:08 AM, paj said:

Hi,

Just wondering if MCE currently supports the FlyByWire mod now that it has been officially forked as a stand-alone aircraft that is separate to Asobo’s A320?

Do you have a download link for a stable version that is used by most? Thanks

16 hours ago, danbaz said:

https://flybywiresim.com/

Here is a link to the installer. I use the DEV version, as much more functionality vs the stable version. I never experienced a crash, but temporary issues could surface ofcourse.

Thanks.

Will check it out, when MSFS update is finally complete, hopefully mod will be updated too.

You are welcome,

Just copied this from their discord:

We have been testing World Update 4 on our end for about a week and have concluded that no compatibility fixes need to be made.You can continue enjoying the existing supported versions without issues.

The Dev version is updated at least once a day.

Edited by danbaz
Added last sentence

On 4/14/2021 at 6:24 PM, danbaz said:

You are welcome,

Just copied this from their discord:

We have been testing World Update 4 on our end for about a week and have concluded that no compatibility fixes need to be made.You can continue enjoying the existing supported versions without issues.

The Dev version is updated at least once a day.

Used the installer first time. Went very well.

No problem with MCE picking up the plane as before.🙂

Cheers