Sign in to follow this  
The Red Baron

The exterior silver prototype model is very dark in P3Dv4.5

I'm using P3Dv4.5 and  have the problem with dark VC,but in addition the exterior prototype model is almost black, not aluminum coloured. Please help.

30 minutes ago, The Red Baron said:

I'm using P3Dv4.5 and  have the problem with dark VC,but in addition the exterior prototype model is almost black, not aluminum coloured. Please help.

Good evening,

Could you kindly also post screenshots of your individual P3Dv4.5 settings. What video card does your PC have, and what driver version are you using for it?

Cheers,

PILOT'S Support

8 minutes ago, The Red Baron said:

Can you please advise now to upload a screenshot to the forum?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

My graphics card is Nvidia MX150, latest driver. I'll post my P3Dv 4.5 settings. Here are 3 screenshots of the exterior B314 model. Thanks for your help

Screenshot_20210228-212337~2Screenshot_20210228-212344~2Screenshot_20210228-212048~2

I don't think that there's anything I can do to help. The problem is the graphics chip: nVidia themselves describe it as 'entry level' and with 2Gb RAM, it just falls inside minimum specs. The problem with a 'minimum specs' definition is that it means a program will run, but it will never run well. The dark textures you are seeing are P3D not displaying the reflective layer correctly because of the lack of video RAM.

Edited by dragonflightdesign