Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

ORBX YMML V3

Hey guys I was about to do a flight from YMML to OMDB. In  P3d v4.5 hf3

I haven’t used ymml in a while thou I noticed my aircrafts don’t align properly at gate.

Qw787 is the an afcad issue? Or gsx?

notice in the drop down  menu for gate selection there is no heavy gate and some gates numbers are missing .

should I reinstall?

Any help is  appreciated.

cheers 

mike

Edited by mikeymike

Hey Mike,

It sounds like a discrepancy between your AFCAD and your GSX profile, but hard to say without diving further into it. I'd hazard a full reinstall is unnecessary, and that it is just a matter of mapping the data correctly.

I have mine working fine in P3Dv4.5. Here is my file setup: https://i.imgur.com/a5bdFhX.png. I've boxed/highlighted the pertinent fields. I use my own AFCAD file, so you can see the AFCAD path is adjusted accordingly. Organizationally, I prefer having the GSX ini file in each scenery's "Scenery" folder, as this seems to function all the same for me, and I can keep the afcad_path string limited to just the filename without breaking it if/when I need to move the scenery to a different HDD. Furthermore, wingspan data and airline codes will influence how each gate interacts with your plane. Simply put, if your aircraft's wingspan is larger than the data for the gate, GSX will throw a fit; if you have your airline code listed in the gate, then GSX will look to use the correct textures on the ground equipment.

All of this stuff can also be edited in-sim with the GSX editor too, which is a great utility for adjusting the positions of gates, stairs, baggage trucks, etc. as needed.

Some troubleshooting questions that may help you get to the bottom of it. Hope this helps!

• Have you edited the AFCAD or are you using the originally-provided file from ORBX?
  • Surely there are parking locations in your AFCAD file big enough for your aircraft, yes?
  • Is your AFCAD filename correctly listed in the afcad_path field of your GSX ini file?
  • In your GSX ini file, what is the wingspan data for the gate you plan to use?

PS - forgot to mention the obvious: gate numbers always need to be aligned in both the AFCAD and GSX ini file. Discrepancies in the gate numbers causes jetways to disappear.

Edited by drobinho

Windows 10 64bit | Prepar3D v4.5 HF3 | MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon WiFi | i9-10900k + ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 | 12GB EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 | 64GB Corsair LPX DDR4 3600 | 2x 2TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO | 1x 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO | 3x Thermaltake PWM Fans | EVGA SuperNOVA 220 80+ Gold 850W  | InWin 303C

1 hour ago, drobinho said:

Hey Mike,

It sounds like a discrepancy between your AFCAD and your GSX profile, but hard to say without diving further into it. I'd hazard a full reinstall is unnecessary, and that it is just a matter of mapping the data correctly.

I have mine working fine in P3Dv4.5. Here is my file setup: https://i.imgur.com/a5bdFhX.png. I've boxed/highlighted the pertinent fields. I use my own AFCAD file, so you can see the AFCAD path is adjusted accordingly. Organizationally, I prefer having the GSX ini file in each scenery's "Scenery" folder, as this seems to function all the same for me, and I can keep the afcad_path string limited to just the filename without breaking it if/when I need to move the scenery to a different HDD. Furthermore, wingspan data and airline codes will influence how each gate interacts with your plane. Simply put, if your aircraft's wingspan is larger than the data for the gate, GSX will throw a fit; if you have your airline code listed in the gate, then GSX will look to use the correct textures on the ground equipment.

All of this stuff can also be edited in-sim with the GSX editor too, which is a great utility for adjusting the positions of gates, stairs, baggage trucks, etc. as needed.

Some troubleshooting questions that may help you get to the bottom of it. Hope this helps!

• Have you edited the AFCAD or are you using the originally-provided file from ORBX?
  • Surely there are parking locations in your AFCAD file big enough for your aircraft, yes?
  • Is your AFCAD filename correctly listed in the afcad_path field of your GSX ini file?
  • In your GSX ini file, what is the wingspan data for the gate you plan to use?

PS - forgot to mention the obvious: gate numbers always need to be aligned in both the AFCAD and GSX ini file. Discrepancies in the gate numbers causes jetways to disappear.

Hi , thank you for the reply. 
I’ll have to dig deeper into the ini file.

I noticed some gates missing or gsx gates overlapping.

and that the aircraft is over to the right or left of the centreline at gate. or through the terminal.

I haven’t edited any of the Afcad files.

thanks 

mike

38 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Hi , thank you for the reply. 
I’ll have to dig deeper into the ini file.

I noticed some gates missing or gsx gates overlapping.

and that the aircraft is over to the right or left of the centreline at gate. or through the terminal.

I haven’t edited any of the Afcad files.

thanks 

mike

I will emphatically state this will be an Orbx issue and not GSX or QW, They slap an afcad together with basic accuracy, then push it out the door. I've personally gone through all of my Orbx scenery and renamed gates and aligned the nodes with the jetways.

tpewpb-6.png

12 hours ago, RW1 said:

I will emphatically state this will be an Orbx issue and not GSX or QW, They slap an afcad together with basic accuracy, then push it out the door. I've personally gone through all of my Orbx scenery and renamed gates and aligned the nodes with the jetways.

Quite pathetic actually, i am trying to sort this out and I can’t.

i will uninstall and reinstall and see if it fixes it.

mike

You just need to find a better afcad, or edit the one that comes with it yourself. Reinstalling won't do anything except take a few minutes out of your day. Also keep in mind that you don't need a Heavy gate to park your 787, as there's really no such thing as a Heavy Gate. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

7 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

You just need to find a better afcad, or edit the one that comes with it yourself. Reinstalling won't do anything except take a few minutes out of your day. Also keep in mind that you don't need a Heavy gate to park your 787, as there's really no such thing as a Heavy Gate. 

Hi Dave,

Do you have any recommendations on where to find an afcad?

thank you 

mike