Sign in to follow this  
danbaz

FBW A320NX project topics

On 5/10/2021 at 8:12 PM, hadi said:

What command could i use to turn the brightness of the MCDU screen, making it brighter?

Hi Hadi,

Pls see below. Lights for both mcdu units are increased/decreased simultaneously by a single command.

Panel Commands Result
pedestal left mcdu decrease fmc cdu lighting OK
pedestal left mcdu increase fmc cdu lighting OK

Hi Gerald,

At first MCE start Hvars were not all accounted for and I had to re-start. I found out as none of the mcdu commands were accepted. After a restart all Hvars were found and many actions worked as expected. It is only when you deep dive that you find that there are 72 push bush buttons on a single mcdu. Below are the ones that did not work as expected. For the two special ones I have to find out what it is what they are suposed to do before I can comment. The listed commands were not known ones by MCE. perhaps you can shed some light on these.

Panel Commands Result
pedestal left mcdu left cdu select direct to page Accepted, but does not do anything
pedestal left mcdu left cdu select atc comm page Accepted, but does not do anything
pedestal left mcdu left cdu select mcdu menu page Accepted, but does not do anything
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press arrow left Command not accepted
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press arrow right Command not accepted
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press arrow up Command not accepted
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press arrow down Command not accepted
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press plus minus Command not accepted
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press slash Command not accepted
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press sp Unsure what they should do
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press ovfy Unsure what they should do

Kind regards,

Daniel

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, danbaz said:

Hi Hadi,

Pls see below. Lights for both mcdu units are increased/decreased simultaneously by a single command.

Panel Commands Result
pedestal left mcdu decrease fmc cdu lighting OK
pedestal left mcdu increase fmc cdu lighting OK

Hi Gerald,

At first MCE start Hvars were not all accounted for and I had to re-start. I found out as none of the mcdu commands were accepted. After a restart all Hvars were found and many actions worked as expected. It is only when you deep dive that you find that there are 72 push bush buttons on a single mcdu. Below are the ones that did not work as expected. For the two special ones I have to find out what it is what they are suposed to do before I can comment. The listed commands were not known ones by MCE. perhaps you can shed some light on these.

Panel Commands Result
pedestal left mcdu left cdu select direct to page Accepted, but does not do anything
pedestal left mcdu left cdu select atc comm page Accepted, but does not do anything
pedestal left mcdu left cdu select mcdu menu page Accepted, but does not do anything
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press arrow left Command not accepted
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press arrow right Command not accepted
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press arrow up Command not accepted
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press arrow down Command not accepted
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press plus minus Command not accepted
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press slash Command not accepted
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press sp Unsure what they should do
pedestal left mcdu left cdu press ovfy Unsure what they should do

Kind regards,

Daniel

Of all the commands you listed, 3 aren't implemented OVFY, UP arrow and DOWN arrow. The reason being, we don't see a purpose for Fo to action those

Some commands not accepted is due to speech grammar expecting something else. For instance, you can use this command to press the space button

left cdu press space

Also...

left cdu press minus   (instead of "left cdu press plus minus")

You could use "left cdu press previous page" instead of "left cdu press arrow left".

See document "FMC_Commands"

Having said that, it's always interesting to hear of speech commands that come naturally to users. Therfore, expect speech grammar to also include your speech variations in next update this week.

Those that are recognized and don't do anything will be looked at.

thank you danbaz. I do need to make the mcdu as  bright as possible; for my optical character recognition software to read it; I'm able to read just a few text from it!

I do need help with another thing as well; If possible can anyone describe the approach page of the MCDU? I need to make a script so that MCE can activate the approach phase and write the decision height for me

Hi Hadi,

You need to give the increase lighting command to reach full luminosity 4 or 5 times. At least I have not tried if there is a command to set the max brightness  instantly.

The maximum brightness is quite ok I thought, but if not enough maybe Gerald and Team can help you some other way.

Kind regards,

Daniel

25 minutes ago, danbaz said:

Hi Hadi,

You need to give the increase lighting command to reach full luminosity 4 or 5 times. At least I have not tried if there is a command to set the max brightness  instantly.

The maximum brightness is quite ok I thought, but if not enough maybe Gerald and Team can help you some other way.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Could just have a custom command in Voxscript, something like "cdu brightness all the way up" (or any speech that comes to your mind naturally), then as part of the script, add the built in command 4 or 5 times.

Noticed something today which I noticed earlier too. When I load the flight and have it sit for quite a long time before I start MCE, MCE will not initialize correctly, the log states not all Hvars are accounted for. When I close MCE and restart MCE, then it states that all Hvars are accounted for. Any idea what causes this to happen?

Small observation about Dieter introducing himself. He alwas (perhaps not always) says his name twice.

2 hours ago, danbaz said:

Noticed something today which I noticed earlier too. When I load the flight and have it sit for quite a long time before I start MCE, MCE will not initialize correctly, the log states not all Hvars are accounted for. When I close MCE and restart MCE, then it states that all Hvars are accounted for. Any idea what causes this to happen?

Small observation about Dieter introducing himself. He alwas (perhaps not always) says his name twice.

We're curently working on a patch to sort out all the post release issues. Hopefully out this Saturday.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 2:10 PM, FS++ said:

3 aren't implemented OVFY, UP arrow and DOWN arrow

Hi Gerald,

In airbus arrow up/down is used to scroll through a list. I have set to 'not planned'. Thanks for the hints on the three others.

Yesterday and today I did some checks on some other panels. As an update is expected soon, the things I found will have been discovered by yourselfs too, but just in case, I will list them here anyway:

Kind regards,

Daniel

Panel Commands Result
glareshield first officer efis control panel push your altimeter for qnh not simulated
glareshield first officer efis control panel your altimeter to qfe not simulated
glareshield first officer efis control panel your altimeter to current applicable could be custom press B on keyboard
glareshield first officer efis control panel push your altimeter knob not simulated
glareshield first officer efis control panel right alimeter set three zero zero zero not simulated
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis show constraints Accepted, but done on captains side
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis hide constraints Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis show vor Accepted, but done on captains side
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis hide vor Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis show waypoints Accepted, but done on captains side
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis hide waypoints Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis show ndb Accepted, but done on captains side
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis hide ndb Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis show airports Accepted, but done on captains side
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis hide airports Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield first officer efis control panel your nd mode to arc Says set to map; sets to VOR
glareshield first officer efis control panel your nd mode to plan Says set to plan; sets to VOR
glareshield first officer master warning clear your master warning not simulated
glareshield first officer master caution clear your master caution not simulated
glareshield first officer chronometer start your chronometer not planned
glareshield first officer chronometer stop your chronometer not planned
glareshield first officer chronometer reset your chronometer not planned
glareshield flight control unit panel switch to mach not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel switch to speed not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel set speed two five zero not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel set heading zero niner zero not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel localizer mode on Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield flight control unit panel localizer mode off Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield flight control unit panel select heading vertical speed does not recognize it is in trk/fpa mode
glareshield flight control unit panel press track f p a Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield flight control unit panel set altitude selection increments to hundreds not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel set altitude selection increments to thousands not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel pull altitude knob Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield flight control unit panel display metric altitude on nd not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel hide metric altitude on nd not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel set vertical speed six hundred not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel approach mode on OK - but light in button remained off..
glareshield flight control unit panel approach mode off OK - but light in button remained on..

1 hour ago, danbaz said:

Hi Gerald,

In airbus arrow up/down is used to scroll through a list. I have set to 'not planned'. Thanks for the hints on the three others.

Yesterday and today I did some checks on some other panels. As an update is expected soon, the things I found will have been discovered by yourselfs too, but just in case, I will list them here anyway:

Kind regards,

Daniel

Panel Commands Result
glareshield first officer efis control panel push your altimeter for qnh not simulated
glareshield first officer efis control panel your altimeter to qfe not simulated
glareshield first officer efis control panel your altimeter to current applicable could be custom press B on keyboard
glareshield first officer efis control panel push your altimeter knob not simulated
glareshield first officer efis control panel right alimeter set three zero zero zero not simulated
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis show constraints Accepted, but done on captains side
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis hide constraints Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis show vor Accepted, but done on captains side
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis hide vor Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis show waypoints Accepted, but done on captains side
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis hide waypoints Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis show ndb Accepted, but done on captains side
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis hide ndb Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis show airports Accepted, but done on captains side
glareshield first officer efis control panel your efis hide airports Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield first officer efis control panel your nd mode to arc Says set to map; sets to VOR
glareshield first officer efis control panel your nd mode to plan Says set to plan; sets to VOR
glareshield first officer master warning clear your master warning not simulated
glareshield first officer master caution clear your master caution not simulated
glareshield first officer chronometer start your chronometer not planned
glareshield first officer chronometer stop your chronometer not planned
glareshield first officer chronometer reset your chronometer not planned
glareshield flight control unit panel switch to mach not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel switch to speed not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel set speed two five zero not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel set heading zero niner zero not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel localizer mode on Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield flight control unit panel localizer mode off Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield flight control unit panel select heading vertical speed does not recognize it is in trk/fpa mode
glareshield flight control unit panel press track f p a Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield flight control unit panel set altitude selection increments to hundreds not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel set altitude selection increments to thousands not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel pull altitude knob Accepted, but does not do anything
glareshield flight control unit panel display metric altitude on nd not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel hide metric altitude on nd not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel set vertical speed six hundred not simulated
glareshield flight control unit panel approach mode on OK - but light in button remained off..
glareshield flight control unit panel approach mode off OK - but light in button remained on..

Some you listed don't work because your own verbiage isn't in the grammar. Or simply never implemented like the "switch to metric"

The following things should always work with almost any plane. They are the ABC of voice control and we wouldn't be in business for more than a decade if these weren't covered 😛

And that includes FsLabs A320 where supposedly, no one can read that stuff from the plane. It's what makes voice control  more fun

set speed XXX

set heading XXXX

set altitude XXXX

In fact, there are hundreds of ways you could get Fo to dial speed. Words between parenthesis are optional)

set airspeed two five zero (knots) (please)

set speed two five oh (knots) (please)

select speed two fifty (knots}

make speed bug two hunded fifty (knots) (please)

adjust speed (bug) to two five zero (knots) (please)

airspeed (bug) two fifty

two fifty (knots) on the airspeed (bug) (please)

two five zero on the speed (bug)

etc...

Are you on the Dev version now?

Thanks Gerald,

For the set speed, heading altitude etc. I probably should have said that I know that all works with speech, but I am looking to know if they could be triggered as part of a script. Not saying I have a need for that now though.

I am still on stable. What I am doing is building a spreadsheet with columns for panel, a command for each switch/button/what you have that would be usable in a script, the result for stable version and when that is ready, accurate and working, then add a column with results in developmental version. If you have this already, then pls can you share as I'd rather spent my time differently, on the next phase, building the scripts to my liking. Why am I doing the sheet? Because when I start to work on scripts, I want to be able to use a database and quickly copy/paste what I need knowing that it works or knowing it does not work and is not planned, rather than trial and error at that time to get it to work. That is just me. 😎

Kind regards,

Daniel

3 hours ago, danbaz said:

Thanks Gerald,

For the set speed, heading altitude etc. I probably should have said that I know that all works with speech, but I am looking to know if they could be triggered as part of a script. Not saying I have a need for that now though.

I am still on stable. What I am doing is building a spreadsheet with columns for panel, a command for each switch/button/what you have that would be usable in a script, the result for stable version and when that is ready, accurate and working, then add a column with results in developmental version. If you have this already, then pls can you share as I'd rather spent my time differently, on the next phase, building the scripts to my liking. Why am I doing the sheet? Because when I start to work on scripts, I want to be able to use a database and quickly copy/paste what I need knowing that it works or knowing it does not work and is not planned, rather than trial and error at that time to get it to work. That is just me. 😎

Kind regards,

Daniel

In general, speech dialling type of commands cannot be scripted. the exception being flaps. Therefore possible to have "flaps one", "flaps two" etc in flows.

Seeing your admirable enthusiasm, we are working on a "scratch my back copilot" command to ease the workflow even further 😛

• Like 1

Has anyone tried to engage autopilot 2 with voice commands?

When i try it, i hear a click and co pilot says that he has turned it on, but then says, "We have lost auto pilot" or "Unable to engage auto pilot"

Is it possible that he is unaware of the state of  ap 2, but is able to push it regardless?

I am on FBW dev version by the way.

edit:

in fact, it does the same when you say, autopilot on.

I think it is unable to recognize the second auto pilot at all?

I am not sure what is going on here

Edited by hadi

On 5/14/2021 at 1:51 PM, danbaz said:

Thanks Gerald,

Kind regards,

Daniel

Some litle refinements in this patch related to FlyByWire V0.61 released last week.

Edited by FS++

edit: i was wrong with the reports. please disregard.

I uninstalled FSUIPC to install a newer version. turns out that if you uninstall FSUIPC, it will remove the wasm module from your community folder as well!

I was very confused as of why a lot of MCE commands are failing

Edited by hadi