Sign in to follow this  
danbaz

FBW A320NX project topics

On 8/10/2021 at 9:59 PM, RALF9636 said:

I confirm Flaps, Autobrake and ECAM Status after Checklists are fixed.

LS still illuminates the lights on the glareshield but the system does not work without manually pressing the button again.

Not sure what needs to be done. Might be something that needs fixing on the mod side itself.

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Not sure what needs to be done. Might be something that needs fixing on the mod side itself.

Ok, let's wait and see. It's not a big deal. I used to press these buttons myself anyway.

Is there a command for MCE to push the "Call all" button, to get the cabin ready for takeoff / landing?

12 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Is there a command for MCE to push the "Call all" button, to get the cabin ready for takeoff / landing?

Plenty of commands to notify cabin crew

flight attendants prepare for takeoff/landing

cabin crew get ready for takeoff/landing

See document "Cabin-Commands".

Note: No pressing of the ATTN CALL button is involved as that one is normally used when you need the purser to come to the cockpit or discuss something over the interphone. Something that you don't want passengers to hear.

Are we talking past each other here?

In the FBW A320 the "Call all" button on the overhead panel is used to turn the "cabin ready" item in the ECAM memo for takeoff / landing from blue to green.

50 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Are we talking past each other here?

In the FBW A320 the "Call all" button on the overhead panel is used to turn the "cabin ready" item in the ECAM memo for takeoff / landing from blue to green.

Ah OK, no there is no provision for that. We'll add a new speech command for this item if possible in next revision.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good afternoon!

Just noticed on YouTube that competitors FO is able to turn on the batteries.

Does this mean that MCE FO will be able to do this as well shortly? 😎

3 hours ago, danbaz said:

Good afternoon!

Just noticed on YouTube that competitors FO is able to turn on the batteries.

Does this mean that MCE FO will be able to do this as well shortly? 😎

He already does since last June or July.

FO can control pretty much everything, including wipers. Only things left, control of PFD, ND, and ECAM brightness via voice.

Just make sure you install the latest version (request package from support).

Then use this patch to manually replace a couple of files.

Thanks Gerald,

2.9.4.1 installed and that worked.

The patch above did not download, but assume that is included now.

8 hours ago, danbaz said:

Thanks Gerald,

2.9.4.1 installed and that worked.

The patch above did not download, but assume that is included now.

Probably your browser preventing you accessing the patch. I can download it.

If you only care about the FlyBywire A320 and everything is working as expected, you can skip the patch (it brings MCE to V2.9.4.2 mostly to address Aerosoft CRJ interfacing).

Edited by FS++

15 hours ago, FS++ said:

Probably your browser preventing you accessing the patch. I can download it.

I had to copy the patch link and manually paste it on a new tab, but then it worked.. Thanks!

Takes a long time to download here. Anyone seeing adverse effects after updating to latest ASOBO release?

Just need a heads-up. Thanks

Good day!

Holiday has finally arrived, so back to flightsimming.

Few questions re power up flow:

The Available_Commands.dat file: Pls can you sort it? I have done it for myself, but next time when I install a new version it will overwrite (probably)..

'weather radar gcs set to auto'  and 'weather radar gcs switch off' both have verbal confirmation, but do not actually do anything.

'weather radar to turbulence' is setting the mode selector to wx + t (FO response is "weather radar weather and air"). The FO also switches on the weather radar. Which command shall I use to only have him switch the mode selector to a certain option, but the leave the system on/off as it is?

ignition mode set to nomal: Pls can you add the r in normal in the Available_Commands.dat file?

FO should check engine master 1 and 2 are both off. Which command to use for that? 'shutdown engine one' could work, but he ask me if I am feeling well and does not switch off the master switch. Looking for something like "check engine master switch one is off"

I know the FO cannot do the lights yet. Does this include the Dome light switch or should that one work? When on bright/dim and I ask him to switch it off he says it is off already. When I ask him to switch to dim, he says he will, but he does not do anything. When I ask him to switch to bright, he does not know what I am asking.

The below has been added a bit later..

'hydraulic electrical pump yellow on' Command is accepted but the pump is not switched. He also does not switch it off when asked.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Edited by danbaz
Added issue with yellow electrical pump

22 hours ago, danbaz said:

FO should check engine master 1 and 2 are both off. Which command to use for that? 'shutdown engine one' could work, but he ask me if I am feeling well and does not switch off the master switch. Looking for something like "check engine master switch one is off"

Pls forget about this one. Commands 'start master one off' and 'start master two off' do the job. Perhaps nice to add to Availlable_Commands.dat file.