Sign in to follow this  
tigermagicjohn

Issues with Voice commands

After various attempts, I am looking for some guidance. 

I have the Prep3Dv5 with the latest update of both that and the FSLabs A320X.

Now I am having issues with the voice commands, example when I start the Before Start Checklist, it will suddenly not read my commands in the Green text, and I get no response. 

I have tried multiple times to make sure correct response, but seem sometimes it does work and other times it doesn't.

Finally I tried t load everything up, and as I was starting the engines, the Sim just crashed, twice this happen, and only when using the FS2Crew software.

Also during the setup, the procedure with setting Main Button and Secondary Button on the same key, as Hard Mute and Soft Mute does not make sense, as one key can only have one function?

Anyway I struggle with having the voice working, I first used a bluetooth headset, that did not work at all, despite it working with other similar voice controlled software.

1. Main Button/Mute.... they don't need to be separated because one set only works in Voice control the other in Button control.  So there's no conflict.

2. I have a blue tooth headset I use for some testing.  It works for me.  You probably forget to select it as the audio input device on the Windows speech panel.  I've done that before, especially if you turn on the bluetooth headset *after* loading Windows.

But generally non wired headsets can be prone to dropping. A wired USB headset is your best bet. You don't need anything fancy.

3. For voice control, delete your "voice profile", then create a new one, then fully re-train your voice.

4. Your odd crashes.  I never get them.  Try re-installing the aircraft.

I did try it again today, and I find the issue now to be the Voice commands, for some reason the Speech Recognition just shows up completely different in the Green window.

If I use it in Button mode, it does run through all, but also it is not very flexible for me, but I will look at it more over the next few days. I did the Voice Training, I did 2 of the "train voice" options. The Mic level does seem to be showing good signal, just does not catch the phrases unfortunately.

Again, try deleting your profile and re-training your voice.

As a native English speaker, you should easily getting accuracy well over 90 plus percent....  assuming you're using the phrases from the manual.

Edited by byork