Sign in to follow this  
danbaz

V2.9.0.7 - cannot get it to work

Gerald,

Update: I was still receiving the error message on 2.9.0.0 so I uninstalled 2.9.0.0 and installed 2.9.8.6 and everything came up normally. I then tried to install 2.9.0.7 and the same problem occurred. For some reason the installer does seem to be finding my FSX installation.  

Tony J

51 minutes ago, Fighter Guy said:

Gerald,

Update: I was still receiving the error message on 2.9.0.0 so I uninstalled 2.9.0.0 and installed 2.9.8.6 and everything came up normally. I then tried to install 2.9.0.7 and the same problem occurred. For some reason the installer does seem to be finding my FSX installation.  

Tony J

No V2.9.8.6 ever released.

Maybe you got an old version 2.8.9.6 or something and you're getting a "Repair installation" instead of a complete un-install and re-install

I sufggest the following...

Un-install MCE Via Windows Control Panel.

Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder and manually delete everything except <Voices> folder and License.key

Go to FSX installation folder and delete

fsInsider.dll as well as <MCE dlls> folder

Re-install latest to default path and ensure files and <MCE dlls> folder are back in FSX installation folder (this in itself confirms MCE finds FSX installation path in registry).

Start FSX and wait until aircraft is ready to dfly, then start MCE.

Gerald,

Sorry must be dyslexic. It was 2.8.9.6. However, (not to beat a dead horse) the same issue applies. I have uninstalled 2.8.9.6, I have reinstalled 2.9.9.0. MCE starts normally. I have uninstalled 2.9.9.0, and installed 2.9.0.7. The same error occurs. MCE says "Trying to Connect to Simulator" then times out and  I get the FS9 error saying "can't retrieve FS data, try restarting FS9 then MCE, if problem persist check fsinsider.dll resides in FS9\Modules folder . When I uninstall 2.9.0.7 and go back to 2.9.9.0, the installation goes fine, but when I start FSX, I then get the message saying "as this is the first time being run, kindly ensure sim is not running". Once I close the the sim the application wizard starts. I click through the wizard and restart the sim, restart MCE and everything works normally. I do not have MCE installed in the C:\Program Files(x86)\Multi Crew Experience folder. I have it loaded at C:\Multi Crew Experience, where it has resided since I first bought MCE. Again nothing in my system has changed, and all of the uninstalls, reinstalls working and not working have occurred within the last 2-3 hours, and the only constant has been either installing or uninstalling 2.9.0.7. I will try your suggestion of deleting fsInsider.dll as well as <MCE dlls> folder.

Tony J

Edited by Fighter Guy

Gerald,

Uninstalled 2.9.9.0 and manually deleted everything except <Voices> folder and License.key and also deleted the fsInsider.dll as well as <MCE dlls> folder. Reinstalled the latest MCE and the same thing occurs. The MCE DLL folder and fsinsider.dll found the correct installation path of where my sim resides D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Tony J

Edited by Fighter Guy

Gerald,

Tried installing MCE to the default directory C:\Program Files(x86)\Multi Crew Experience folder, error still occurs. I guess I'll head back to 2.9.9.0 until something gets sorted out. I am going to try one more thing, maybe my mce.zip got corrupted during the download. Outside of that I'm not sure what is going on. Again nothing has changed on my computer, but since I'm not seeing any other people having a problem, it must be somewhere in my computer.

I'll keep you updated if I get it working.

Tony J

Edited by Fighter Guy

Gerald,

Tried to install with a new a fresh download of 2.9.0.7 with no success. Back on 2.9.9.0 with no issues. Everything working. Not sure what's going on but I guess I'll stay on 2.9.9.0 till another update comes out.

Tony J