Sign in to follow this  
IRLATC

New computer getting home soon. Starting from zero.

Good afternoon.

Sorry for for a very boring post. The new computer I bought for MSFS2020 seems to be arriving soon (after 3 months).

I have an Steam version of the sim, so I guess the only thing I have to do is installing it anew. I remember I had to set up an Xbox account, but I don´t remember passwords or anything like that. Will I need them again or are they related to my Steam account?

After so much waiting I hope I can start simming without many issues and that the new gear will improve the experience.

Thank you very much for stopping by, I acknowledge this is not an interesting topic.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Wow, 3 months to deliver a PC?

You need to recover the Xbox account information with your Outlook e-mail account. It is separate from the Steam account.

Or, if you can't, create a new one.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Thank you very much!

I ordered the PC (January 7th) knowing the graphic card and the processor were not in stock. A couple of days ago I called and they told me that they had everything but the processor. They offered to build the PC with the immediately inferior processor (which was in stock) and I agreed. It has been built by now and it is under testing. I hope it will get home soon. It seems there is a high shortage of graphic cards and processors. 

if it help 

when i got my pc  build  done  i created an account with steam bought the game thru steam 

never had a problem since not even a ctd 

Jean Couillard 
i9-10850k@4.9 . Asus rog strix Z490-E  .crucial ballistic rgb 64g DDR4 3600 cl16 .asus rtx3080 OC . EVGA clc240 .   EVGA 1000G+       XPG s11 pro 1TB M.2 . Samsung 970EVO 1TB M.2  . Lian-LI LANCOOL11 mesh perf .  AW3821DW 3840x1600@144Hz .corsair  K70 RGB . corsair M65 pro . TCA Officer Pack Airbus

4 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Wow, 3 months to deliver a PC?

I've been waiting 6 months to even get the privilege to order a GPU from EVGA. It shouldn't be a surprise these days...

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I went through Jet Line Systems because I knew that was an easier way to get a 3080, plus they overclock it and install MSFS and tweak it so it runs as good as it can. New computer should be arriving in a couple weeks and I can't wait. I'm still using FSX so I'm looking forward to the giant leap.